• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you take Scioscia back

Would you take Scioscia back?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take Scioscia back as the manager of the Angels?

On 7/16/2023 at 11:00 AM, mmc said:

Nope, I'm just answering the question for what it actually is.  If you're bringing Scioscia back for next season, you're bringing in a guy who doesn't want to manage, which surely is not what this team needs.  If you're asking if I would take back the Scioscia of 2000-2015, my answer would be different.

He 100% would come back. He doesn't want to manage outside of SoCal, I can tell you that. Angels or Dodgers jobs and Maybe SD, but unlikely. 

On 7/16/2023 at 12:46 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Scioscia was a good manager, the issue was that he had been elevated above the GM within the organization.

Say what you will about the GMs we’ve had or Perry specifically, but it’s clear to me that an organization cannot function properly if the front office is not on the same page with the dugout.

So the question to me is, would Scioscia be able to be deferential to a front office that likely has different views than he does on topics like player usage, defensive deployments, baserunning, sacrificing and productive outs? I just can’t imagine that the answer there is yes.

Considering that Maddon had the same complaints about Perry...Perry would have to change to adjust to Mike. If you've read Maddon's book, the GM was definitely meddling in game decisions....Or at least Maddon thought so.

Scioscia would be the exact same way. But I could see them bringing him back as Team VP of Baseball Operations, and Manager. And then hiring a VP of Player Development or something, getting rid of Montgomery, Tam, and Minasian.

19 minutes ago, Hubs said:

But I could see them bringing him back as Team VP of Baseball Operations, and Manager. And then hiring a VP of Player Development or something, getting rid of Montgomery, Tam, and Minasian.

You can see them implementing a leadership structure that no other MLB team has used this century?

3 hours ago, Hubs said:

Considering that Maddon had the same complaints about Perry...Perry would have to change to adjust to Mike. If you've read Maddon's book, the GM was definitely meddling in game decisions....Or at least Maddon thought so.

Scioscia would be the exact same way. But I could see them bringing him back as Team VP of Baseball Operations, and Manager. And then hiring a VP of Player Development or something, getting rid of Montgomery, Tam, and Minasian.

I dont think there is a team out there that would be willing to give Scioscia the reins over an organization.

On 7/17/2023 at 11:33 PM, stormngt said:

Gedman was 4-4 against Witt with a HR.  Mauch went with Lucas against Redman in a left-lefty match and Gedman was hitless against Lucas.  Mauch made the right move.

History says he didn't. 

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I dont think there is a team out there that would be willing to give Scioscia the reins over an organization.

Right now the Yankees have to be thinking... Scioscia owned us for almost two decades...