• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Hypothetical Ohtani Trade Thread

4 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Dumbest baseball Decision ever. 

Indeed.  But Arte's ego is too big.  He simply can't get out of his own way and keep from ruining this organization. 

But at least the angels scouting and development team will have a 2nd round comp pick next year to turn into the next great Angel 🙄

On 7/11/2023 at 8:37 AM, jsnpritchett said:

"Regarding the Trade Deadline, Ohtani said, “I have no control over it, so I try not to think about it. I just focus on the game that day.”

Regarding free agency, Ohtani said, “I’m focused on this season right now. I just want to do my best to get as many wins as possible.”

Ohtani did allow that his feelings about the importance of playing for a World Series-caliber team “get stronger every year.”

“It sucks to lose,” Ohtani said.

When asked if Ohtani had been approached about a transfer by a player from another team, he replied, "秘密です。Himitsu desu."
The direct translation of "Himitsu desu." is "It's a secret."
If translated freely, his answer will be, "I cannot give you an answer at the moment.", or "Sorry, no comment.".

10 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I still think they aren’t trading him

Concur.  Think about it.  The owner/team that traded the best ever for footnotes.  An epitaph?  Moreno won't do it. 

He goes to FA (a certainty), Angels bid, lose to higher bidder, oh well, gave it our best shot.  Swallow the draft pick reward, figure a way to offload the Rendon albatross and build around the kids.  No more supermen.

7 minutes ago, 70runner said:

Concur.  Think about it.  The owner/team that traded the best ever for footnotes.  An epitaph?  Moreno won't do it. 

He goes to FA (a certainty), Angels bid, lose to higher bidder, oh well, gave it our best shot.  Swallow the draft pick reward, figure a way to offload the Rendon albatross and build around the kids.  No more supermen.

the whole "guy who traded the best ever" thing is dumb. what's the alternative guy who couldn't even field a 500 team with two all time greats? guy who let the best player ever to leave for nothing? moreno doesn't come out good in any scenario here. best case scenario for him is he signs ohtani long term and the angels hopefully start to make the post season and do well. he'd still be the guy that wasted the majority of trout's career and the first half of ohtani's. best case scenario.

21 hours ago, TroutField said:

They are 1 game better than us, and we have lost 7 straight and almost lost our entire starting lineup…

what??? 

With that rotation of Luis Castillo, George Kirby, Logan Gilbert and add Ohtani. Robbie Ray coming back next year and they still have Marco Gonzales. You add Ohtani's bat in that lineup Seattle be a very good team. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

The only reason Arte wouldn’t trade Ohtani is he feels like he can get him to sign an extension. 

I think it’s 3 things…

-Arte wants to re-sign Ohtani and doesn’t believe he’ll be able to do it if he trades him. You guys can all say “that’s not true” and you’re technically correct, but I have been told directly that the Angels don’t believe they can re-sign him if they trade him. 

-Arte wants the revenue from two months of Ohtani.

-Arte doesn’t want to be known as the guy who traded Ohtani, especially not now that he’s a rental and it’s unlikely the return is going to be anything too exciting. 

I don’t know what order you’d put those in but those are the reasons. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

The only reason Arte wouldn’t trade Ohtani is he feels like he can get him to sign an extension. 

Sorry, but no. If Arte feels he can sign him to an extension then why not trade Shohei and get a decent return and then resign him when FA starts. That would be the best case scenario as we would get more assets and still retain the services of Mr. Ohtani. 

Unfortunately this doesn't seem plausible at all. 

~ArkyAngelsFan~

1 minute ago, ArkyAngelsFan said:

Sorry, but no. If Arte feels he can sign him to an extension then why not trade Shohei and get a decent return and then resign him when FA starts. That would be the best case scenario as we would get more assets and still retain the services of Mr. Ohtani. 

Unfortunately this doesn't seem plausible at all. 

~ArkyAngelsFan~

Because that never happens 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Ok what’s the reason?

I think it’s 3 things…

-Arte wants to re-sign Ohtani and doesn’t believe he’ll be able to do it if he trades him. You guys can all say “that’s not true” and you’re technically correct, but I have been told directly that the Angels don’t believe they can re-sign him if they trade him. 

-Arte wants the revenue from two months of Ohtani.

-Arte doesn’t want to be known as the guy who traded Ohtani, especially not now that he’s a rental and it’s unlikely the return is going to be anything too exciting. 

I don’t know what order you’d put those in but those are the reasons.