• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Hypothetical Ohtani Trade Thread

12 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Jeter, A-Rod, and David Ortiz chime in with thoughts on what to do with Ohtani.  Ortiz's comments about top-heavy teams lines up with a what a few folks here have been saying recently.

I have several reasons why I would like the Angels to trade Ohtani. And a couple of reasons why I don't want them to. 

"What's that telling Mike Trout" is not one of them.  

31 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Jeter, A-Rod, and David Ortiz chime in with thoughts on what to do with Ohtani.  Ortiz's comments about top-heavy teams lines up with a what a few folks here have been saying recently.

Lol at trading Trout. Who would even consider taking on that contract now? I’m in agreement with Ortiz on this one. 

4 hours ago, Hubs said:

Add Pages and Cartaya.

I think the only way we can get the moon from the Dodgers (or any team) is if we granted a negotiation window for that team to come to a long-term contract extension with Ohtani.  If we did and that transpired, I imagine we could get a better trade package, as the acquiring team would be guaranteeing Ohtani's long-term stay.  I think that is the only way we could get a package like Miller, Cartaya, etc .. those are top 20 prospects in the game.

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

Lol at trading Trout. Who would even consider taking on that contract now? I’m in agreement with Ortiz on this one. 

I agree be hard to find someone to take on his contract. I would sit down with Trout in off season and ask what he would want. Stay or be traded. Angels would have to eat lot of money on his deal. Maybe you just keep him as use him as DH and OF. I would sit down with him in off season and see what he would want.

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

I agree be hard to find someone to take on his contract. I would sit down with Trout in off season and ask what he would want. Stay or be traded. Angels would have to eat lot of money on his deal. Maybe you just keep him as use him as DH and OF. I would sit down with him in off season and see what he would want.

I’m guessing he would want for his teammates to stop sucking at baseball 

https://www.mlb.com/news/shohei-ohtani-arrives-seattle-all-star-game

A couple of excerpts:

"A reporter at Monday’s All-Star Media Day -- familiar with old rumblings about how close Shohei Ohtani might have come to signing with the Cubs when he left Nippon Professional Baseball for MLB prior to the 2018 season -- wanted to know how the pending free-agent superstar feels about the North Siders now.

“How close was it with them? How much did you like them?” the reporter asked. “And is there any appeal for you to Chicago moving forward?”

Ohtani smiled.

“All those reports,” he said through interpreter Ippei Mizuhara, “probably most of them are lies. People make stuff up. So I don’t think you should believe everything you read.”

"Regarding the Trade Deadline, Ohtani said, “I have no control over it, so I try not to think about it. I just focus on the game that day.”

Regarding free agency, Ohtani said, “I’m focused on this season right now. I just want to do my best to get as many wins as possible.”

Ohtani did allow that his feelings about the importance of playing for a World Series-caliber team “get stronger every year.”

“It sucks to lose,” Ohtani said.

That comment will only fuel more discussion about whether an Angels team in possession of the longest active postseason drought in the Majors (tied with the Tigers) can keep Ohtani. And Ohtani may have thrown a bone to fans of the local nine when he said that he’s spent about four months across two offseasons living in Seattle and that it’s a “nice” and “clean” city."

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/shohei-ohtani-arrives-seattle-all-star-game

A couple of excerpts:

"A reporter at Monday’s All-Star Media Day -- familiar with old rumblings about how close Shohei Ohtani might have come to signing with the Cubs when he left Nippon Professional Baseball for MLB prior to the 2018 season -- wanted to know how the pending free-agent superstar feels about the North Siders now.

“How close was it with them? How much did you like them?” the reporter asked. “And is there any appeal for you to Chicago moving forward?”

Ohtani smiled.

“All those reports,” he said through interpreter Ippei Mizuhara, “probably most of them are lies. People make stuff up. So I don’t think you should believe everything you read.”

"Regarding the Trade Deadline, Ohtani said, “I have no control over it, so I try not to think about it. I just focus on the game that day.”

Regarding free agency, Ohtani said, “I’m focused on this season right now. I just want to do my best to get as many wins as possible.”

Ohtani did allow that his feelings about the importance of playing for a World Series-caliber team “get stronger every year.”

That comment will only fuel more discussion about whether an Angels team in possession of the longest active postseason drought in the Majors (tied with the Tigers) can keep Ohtani. And Ohtani may have thrown a bone to fans of the local nine when he said that he’s spent about four months across two offseasons living in Seattle and that it’s a “nice” and “clean” city."

And when the hell did Seattle become a winning baseball city? 

Give me a break. 

1 hour ago, Warfarin said:

I think the only way we can get the moon from the Dodgers (or any team) is if we granted a negotiation window for that team to come to a long-term contract extension with Ohtani.  If we did and that transpired, I imagine we could get a better trade package, as the acquiring team would be guaranteeing Ohtani's long-term stay.  I think that is the only way we could get a package like Miller, Cartaya, etc .. those are top 20 prospects in the game.

No chance that’s happening. 

Ohtani isn’t going to forgo free agency to sign a deal in 48 hours in a place he’s never played. 

18 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Ohtani and Rendon anywhere for a bag of baseballs. Used the Rendon savings to put together a monster offer for Ohtani in the offseason.

It would be nice to move Rendon but with his no-trade clause and him being a Boras client, I can't see him agreeing to being moved without something (besides going to a contender; read$) extra.

28 minutes ago, Stradling said:

They are basically giving up Eloy and his contract to have negotiating rights for two months.  

"The Chicago White Sox are opening up for business as a seller, according to sources, and they plan to seriously consider deals for all but four cornerstone players on their roster: Dylan Cease, Andrew Vaughn, Eloy Jimenez and of course All-Star Luis Robert Jr."

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

NOBODY IS TRADING FOR RENDON 

Okay, I agree, but that's why I posted what I did, which was to bring up a couple of reasons why he won't be traded.  Not sure why you quoted my post rather than those who advocated including him in an Ohtani trade.

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

No chance that’s happening. 

Ohtani isn’t going to forgo free agency to sign a deal in 48 hours in a place he’s never played. 

Oh yeah, I know.  I was just saying that the only way we could expect to extract that large of a return for Ohtani would only be if the acquiring team could guarantee that Ohtani would be staying there long-term.  Otherwise, no team will give up that kind of bounty for 2 months of a player, even if it's the best player in the game.

2 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Uh that sounds serious and of course he’s correct.