• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cody Bellinger

I'd be more interested in Canha. He'd be cheaper in terms of money, and what you would have to give up. He can bat leadoff against lefties, and he's a hardass. Something that this team has been sorely lacking in the dugout for many years.

37 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

I'd be more interested in Canha. He'd be cheaper in terms of money, and what you would have to give up. He can bat leadoff against lefties, and he's a hardass. Something that this team has been sorely lacking in the dugout for many years.

Bellinger has a better bat, and is better defensively at multiple positions.  He's also playing out a one year deal. 

which bellinger would we see - the mvp or the guy who hit under .200? i can't think of a more jekyll and hyde kind of player, and for that alone, i'd pass on him. 

of course, being a player who swings from one extreme to the other makes him an ideal angel player so maybe we should go ahead and pull the trigger.

We can use another offensive piece, which is why I thought Bellinger would be a fit.  Another SP would be ideal as well, especially given the difficulties of most of our back end starters this season.  Even Sandoval, a guy that I expected to step up, has regressed. 

Of course it depends upon what you have to give up to get him.

Not being tied to him next year isn't a negative.  The Angels have had their share of one and done guys these last few years. It would be nice to get one that is + performer for the team.

3 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

Bellinger has a better bat, and is better defensively at multiple positions.  He's also playing out a one year deal. 

Neither player is signed for next year. Canha has a team buyout. Bellinger has a mutual buyout. Bellinger would cost a little over $3 million more in guaranteed money than Canha.

Canha makes a little under $2 million a month with a $2 million buyout. 

Bellinger makes a little over $2 million a month with a $5 million buyout.

Unless Perry is truly worried about his job security, I can't see a world where we make serious TDL acquisitions.  We've lost 12 of 15, have lost some major ground in the WC hunt, half our starting lineup is injured, and we have one of the most brutal schedules in baseball coming up in the next month.  

Outside of some last ditch desperation effort to try and keep Ohtani around, what about this team is inspiring people to sell off the remaining few assets we have for rentals?