• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Most Frustrating Seasons

Pick one, or choose another one.

I didn't choose 1986 as the season itself was good, just the ALCS nightmare wrecked it.

1998: tied for first on Sept. 16, then lost five games to the eventual division winner Texas. Three of those games at home by scores of 9-1, 9-1, 7-1.

1995: 11-game lead in mid-August followed by extended collapse, ended with 9-1 loss to Randy Johnson and Mariners in Game #163.

2001: just plain bad. Angels lost 19 of their final 21 games, finished 41 games behind Seattle.

2023 could end up on the list.

5 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

02 was starting out frustrating and demoralizing until David Eckstein hit those grand slams in back-to-back games in late April, and the team blasted off. 

David Eckstein was the shit. 

With what we had and where we're at...looked so different in April. 

Teams cursed, no way around it. 

There have been so many frustrating years but 1995 has to be at the top.  

After winning it all in 2002, I thought we had a chance to win it all again very soon.  The team teased us with several division titles, but just couldn’t get over the hump.

Last years losing streak was absolutely brutal and I rank that in the top 3, but nothing tops 1995.

Thing with 1995 was the team was outplaying their projections. Yes it was a collapse, but we weren't really supposed to be there. I still maintain Disarcina going down was the deathblow, as Neto was this year.

My big ones would be

2005 and that stupid call giving AJ the chance to run to 1B.

2009 and the Fuentes 0-2 pitch

1 minute ago, Erstad Grit said:

Thing with 1995 was the team was outplaying their projections. Yes it was a collapse, but we weren't really supposed to be there. I still maintain Disarcina going down was the deathblow, as Neto was this year.

My big ones would be

2005 and that stupid call giving AJ the chance to run to 1B.

2009 and the Fuentes 0-2 pitch

I did my best.

16 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

No season comes close to the collapse of '95. 

The story has not been fully written about this season so we should pump the breaks on 2023. 

True, true. And I always appreciate your eternal optimism - or at least hope. I mean, it certainly feels better than being miserable. 

4 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

The most frustrating season for me was '92 because the offense was so bad. Just a bunch of castoffs playing out the string. Not even worth watching

The Johnny Ray era.

Scratch that - he retired after 1990. The Luis Polonia Era.

Edited by Angelsjunky

I went to a game in late August of '95 against the Orioles. The collapse was already underway. I think we were still 6-7 games up at that point. It was a promotion, "Turn back the clock Night". 

Angels wore their 1961 uniforms, fans got a vintage L.A. Angels cap. Hot dogs were a dollar, sodas 25 cents. Attendance was over 60,000 (before the stadium was reconfigured) Of course we lost, and I recall having an uneasy feeling.