• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Padres (July 4th, 2023) Shohei Ohtani on the mound

T.G.

Just now, IheartLA said:

Your whole theory for injuries before was that injuries were like balls in play random and therefore not correlated to any particular player. It keeps happening to the same guys over and over. Injury prone is real and Rendon has it nailed and Trout is close behind.

I think getting hit by a pitch and fouling a ball off your leg are not signs of being injury prone, regardless of previous injury history.  Feel free to disagree. I’ll think you are dumb for disagreeing and you will think I’m stupid for saying that. 

Just now, IheartLA said:

Your whole theory for injuries before was that injuries were like balls in play random and therefore not correlated to any particular player. It keeps happening to the same guys over and over. Injury prone is real and Rendon has it nailed and Trout is close behind.

I get that its very frustrating that they are paying these two guys a whole lot of money and they are completely undependable. I do believe the issue is these guys are just breaking down physically. Trout has been playing pro ball since he was a teenager and playing at this level is tremendous wear and tear on the body. It happens to a lot of athletes. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I get that its very frustrating that they are paying these two guys a whole lot of money and they are completely undependable. I do believe the issue is these guys are just breaking down physically. Trout has been playing pro ball since he was a teenager and playing at this level is tremendous wear and tear on the body. It happens to a lot of athletes. 

Yep they've recently been particularly reliant on guys with a ton of mileage, whether it's Trout or all the failed free agent signings. For some reason they don't learn. 

4 minutes ago, robblin17 said:

Would anyone actually be sad if Rendon just disappeared? He seems like a giant piece of shit in general. Totally the type of guy that gets a big contract and rides off into the sunset, like pretty much every big FA signing by the Angels! 

I don't think its fair to call him a total piece of shit but I don't want to see him paly anymore games for the Angels. He is an average ball player making superstar money so its more frustrating to watch him. 

If Tony Two Weeks (IL) lands on the injured list, this is what I would do.

Promote Cabbage. Platoon Renfroe & Cabbage at 1B.

LF Ward
DH Ohtani
CF Moniak
3B Moustakas
2B Escobar
1B Cabbage/Renfroe
RF Adell
C Thaiss/Wallach
SS Fletcher/Rengifo

While it's not ideal defensively, it gives you the most firepower which the Angels will be lacking without Trout, Drury, Neto, Rendon and Urshela.

7 minutes ago, robblin17 said:

Would anyone actually be sad if Rendon just disappeared? He seems like a giant piece of shit in general. Totally the type of guy that gets a big contract and rides off into the sunset, like pretty much every big FA signing by the Angels! 

Not at all. In fact didn't he say early on his career with the Nats he didn't even like baseball and that it was boring? No I would not care at all. I remember he hit a walk off in one of those covid 7 inning doubleheaders in 2020 but other than that he's done absolutely nothing as an Angel. If they make his bobblehead as an Angel, it should be the ball on the display going straight up in a popout or they should make a bobblehead of him being hurt. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

LF Ward
DH Ohtani
CF Moniak
3B Moustakas
2B Escobar
1B Cabbage/Renfroe
RF Adell
C Thaiss/Wallach
SS Fletcher/Rengifo

While it's not ideal defensively, it gives you the most firepower which the Angels will be lacking without Trout, Drury, Neto, Rendon and Urshela.

Good point

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He gets hurt a lot. Anything else you’d like me to add so you can feel better about me as a fan?  

I like you as a fan, I view you like a figure head of this board. But that doesn’t mean I won’t call you out when you’re wrong. You act like a paid shill for the team at times acting like cie la vie nothing we can do with guys like Pujols, Rendon. Not very American. Very communist. You a commie sympathizer?

Yes I’m joking but the point stands that we should be looking to shame these bums that are a total joke at this point and not run a PR narrative that all is well who cares just take your family out to a game and enjoy the weather. Rendon is a POS at this point and he won’t finish out of his contract here like Pujols 2.0.

6 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

LF Ward
DH Ohtani
CF Moniak
3B Moustakas
2B Escobar
1B Cabbage/Renfroe
RF Adell
C Thaiss/Wallach
SS Fletcher/Rengifo

I have to think Murphy is the guy they go with.  The most experienced by far (something they seem to value with the Escobar and Moose trades) and currently hitting .341 in AAA.

Just now, IheartLA said:

I like you as a fan, I view you like a figure head of this board. But that doesn’t mean I won’t call you out when you’re wrong. You act like a paid shill for the team at times acting like cie la vie nothing we can do with guys like Pujols, Rendon. Not very American. Very communist. You a commie sympathizer?

Yes I’m joking but the point stands that we should be looking to shame these bums that are a total joke at this point and not run a PR narrative that all is well who cares just take your family out to a game and enjoy the weather. Rendon is a POS at this point and he won’t finish out of his contract here like Pujols 2.0.

Looking to shame?  Ok, you go ahead and shame them. I’ll be a grown up. Feel free to call me out when you believe I’m wrong as I’ve said before I own my shit. Thanks for mentioning me, I appreciate the attention.