• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jose Iglesias Opts Out Of Contract With Padres

Get it done Perry… 

hopefully it’s another 8-10 days for Neto and then Iglesias can bounce over to 3rd when Neto returns. After Rendon gets back he can fill the super utility role that Urshela has been doing. Seems like Urshela will be down a decent amount of time. 

One thing that I have noticed in my 45 years of being a fan of this team is that they rarely bring back former Angels for a 2nd go round. I don't know why that is, but it has always been that way. 

Chili Davis, and Tony Phillips, are two I can think of. I'm sure there's a lot more, but it's not common.

6 hours ago, gurn67 said:

One thing that I have noticed in my 45 years of being a fan of this team is that they rarely bring back former Angels for a 2nd go round. I don't know why that is, but it has always been that way. 

Chili Davis, and Tony Phillips, are two I can think of. I'm sure there's a lot more, but it's not common.

Wally Joyner, Jim Abbott,  and how did you forget the epic return of Jesse Chavez?

Your point stands that it's typically what fans want but doesn't happen often. 

7 hours ago, gurn67 said:

That’s exactly what this team needs… a fiery- intense cat like Tony Phillips.  This team with that intensity added to the clubhouse!
Perry?

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

Wally Joyner, Jim Abbott,  and how did you forget the epic return of Jesse Chavez?

Your point stands that it's typically what fans want but doesn't happen often. 

That 2-18 1996 season for Abbott was one of the most painful ones to watch that I can remember. Maybe I buried it deep in the memory vaults. lol

20 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Why do so many people think Neto is coming back this quickly?

Its a strained oblique. I doubt you can find a guy who missed less than a month with a strained oblique.

I was going based off of google. It said 5-10 days for mild oblique strains, and based off of how Neto had talked about it he seemed positive. If it’s worse than that it can be anywhere from 4 weeks to 6 months. Obliques are tricky

you are closer to the team and obviously have more info on the severity of it. If you have some insight it would be appreciated…. 

52 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Its a strained oblique. I doubt you can find a guy who missed less than a month with a strained oblique.

I think it was during the recent KC series that Terry Smith mentioned a KC player coming back from the same left-oblique injury and he missed a total of 51 games. Listening to the game on my way home. 

59 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Because he said he "felt better already"

But Yeah, I am hoping for the All-Star Break.

40 minutes ago, TroutField said:

I was going based off of google. It said 5-10 days for mild oblique strains, and based off of how Neto had talked about it he seemed positive. If it’s worse than that it can be anywhere from 4 weeks to 6 months. Obliques are tricky

you are closer to the team and obviously have more info on the severity of it. If you have some insight it would be appreciated…. 

I will definitely talk to him at the ballpark today to get an update. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

iglesias was released during the last part of the season when he was first here. have to wonder if that left a bad taste in his mouth that would affect him wanting to sign with us a second time.

Didn't we release him hours after the post season roster deadline? I remember Red Sox signing him but he was playoff ineligible.  Seemed like a petty move on our part

6 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Why being in Iglesias but not Fletcher? You're likely to get similar output from either, and Fletch is at least in the organization, and performing quite well in AAA. 

Right, I don't see the point.