• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Clueless and Delusional Twitter Fans

Hubs

Are not just limited to the Angels Apparently.

A Brewers guy on twitter just said for the Angels to acquire Corbin Burnes it would START at Neto and Detmers. Maybe last year, but this year? With Neto in the majors and in the AL ROTY conversation? No way. And I wouldn't move Detmers for Burnes even if Neto wasn't in the deal. 

The AL Central is gonna have a few sellers, and there are names of note, but I doubt Burnes gets dealt before next trade deadline. The Brewers are competitive. This guy is clueless though. I mean, I guess I would've asked for similar for Ohtani, plus one or two more names, and Ohtani isn't under control...still, shows that trading top guys doesn't bring back top prospects or top young players like it used to.

Now the guy responded to a trade that said the Angels were gonna get one of Giolito, Cease, Burnes...and I dont believe thats the case.

Before yesterday, I'd have said the Angels needed a 1st baseman, but with Urshela out as much as 3 months, they may be looking at the hot corner. We'll see what they do, but I do think they are buyers now and in 36 games, if they even go 18-18 they will be buyers. But I'm hoping for something more like 22-14 or 24-12 in that stretch (as Noted they don't go further than Colorado in most of that stretch, they go on a East Coast Trip the week leading up to the Trade Deadline).

I'm still on the Detmers hype train. I think he's gonna have a great second half. Also he is under club control through 2027. Corbin is a FA in 2025.

And yeah, Neto isn't going anywhere.

I'll definitely take Corbin, but absolutely not at that cost. I don't usually use the trade simulator but for shits and giggles....

This is what they want "to start". It was obviously rejected.

Screenshot_20230617_091540_Chrome.jpg

And this is what I put in.

Screenshot_20230617_091404_Chrome.jpg

No way am I trading Detmers in this scenario, regardless.

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm still on the Detmers hype train. I think he's gonna have a great second half. Also he is under club control through 2027. Corbin is a FA in 2025.

And yeah, Neto isn't going anywhere.

I'll definitely take Corbin, but absolutely not at that cost. I don't usually use the trade simulator but for shits and giggles....

This is what they want "to start". It was obviously rejected.

Screenshot_20230617_091540_Chrome.jpg

And this is what I put in.

Screenshot_20230617_091404_Chrome.jpg

No way am I trading Detmers in this scenario, regardless.

The reality that Detmers projected value (War) is as close to Burnes as it is despite not being remotely close to a finished product is enough to make any Angels fans with a functioning brain not even consider it.  But the typical Angels fan can't see the forest for the trees, falls in love with brand names, and seeks to have them sign/trade for everyone always. 

The biggest issue the Angels have IMO is convincing their fan-base that they aren't making the same mistakes as in the past, that the farm is indeed moving in the right direction despite the prospect rankings and that the team is on an upswing.  Unfortunately the OMG they are going to lose Trout if they don't ________, OMG they are going to lose Ohtani if they don't do____________, blah blah blah crowd don't care.   

They have fixed the bullpen mostly via internal moves. They responded to the sudden loss of both O'Hoppe and Stassi with in house options. They had Barria/Canning to turn to when Suarez couldn't get out of the gate.  Neto solved SS.  Somehow they lucked into Mickey Moniak pretty much flipping some weird switch and turning his entire minor league history on it's head.  

I'd love to see them add an arm but given the Ohtani situation they are best served by avoiding giving up pieces that might be needed as soon as next season say in RF, DH and on the mound.  Perry has done a better job of obtaining value via trade than Eppler did, I get the feeling he also has a vision of the type of player he wants in place and no, I'm talking less about personalities and more about specific traits ala Eppler's devotion to spin rates.

Anyway -- a lot of words to basically say you gotta be pretty dumb to think trading Detmers is an option.

Don't go full Dipoto, people.

I’d love to have Burnes, I don’t know how to acquire him without feeling like we got hosed in the deal. I’d give up Quero, I’d give up one of Ward/Moniak, but what’s the next piece they’d need to say yes?  I’m not giving up Detmers and I’d hate to give up Sandoval. A realistic trade would probably be Ward, Quero, Bush, Jack K, and one of Soriano/Joyce/Bachman.  

Just now, ShotimeDynasty said:

I would be willing to move Sandoval and Quero for Burnes especially with Burnes being a local guy.. solid chance he’d be willing to extend  

I just think if Ohtani stays then they can’t afford Corbin. If Ohtani stays you need the quality and affordability of Sandoval and Detmers. Corbin will get $275-300 million?  The second largest pitching deal after Cole. 

I think someone like Flaherty is a much more realistic option. 

In looking at trades, teams in WC contention or in division contention, do not often trade players, and try to make the playoffs. 

Start with the worst teams in the league and look at higher contracts, not guys like Corbin Burnes.

--Who, again, that idiot on twitter, said would cost Neto and O'Hoppe, Neto and Detmers...He was insisting on two top 50 players like the Reds got from the Mariners from Castillo...the problem was he didn't seem to realize that those "Top 50 Players" were at A ball, or lower, and prospects closer to (or in) the bigs are going to be worth more than a guy in rookie or low A. Both guys have significantly regressed, one now ranking 69 and one ranking 102 (they were 24 & 35 I think at the midseason rankings last year). Burnes might command two high prospects, but not guys close to the bigs. One guy like that, sure, but not two.

3 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

The Brewers are not trading Burnes while they are in a position to reach the postseason.

The Angels are not trading Detmers or Sandoval or Neto.

Nothing about this proposed trade makes any sense.

Ignore.

I was shocked, which is why I engaged with the dude on Twitter.

But yeah. He didn't seem to budge on his way of thinking. I can see them trading Sandoval for Burnes, you've got to give to get, but the other two make zero sense. Sandoval and Quero and a few minor league pitchers would get it done. But that is way more likely in the 2023-24 offseason.

13 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I was shocked, which is why I engaged with the dude on Twitter.

But yeah. He didn't seem to budge on his way of thinking. I can see them trading Sandoval for Burnes, you've got to give to get, but the other two make zero sense. Sandoval and Quero and a few minor league pitchers would get it done. But that is way more likely in the 2023-24 offseason.

I can’t see trading Sandoval in a deal for a premium starter.

The idea in the postseason is to hand the ball to a guy you think could dominate that day.  Sandoval is among the guys you want starting postseason games.

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I can’t see trading Sandoval in a deal for a premium starter.

The idea in the postseason is to hand the ball to a guy you think could dominate that day.  Sandoval is among the guys you want starting postseason games.

I can see it, if it's a big upgrade. But not unless that is the case.

4 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I can see it, if it's a big upgrade. But not unless that is the case.

Sandoval is arguably the team’s #2 starter right now and isn’t a free agent until 2027.

He is 26 with a lifetime era of 3.77.

I just don’t think teams trade this kind of player to “upgrade” their rotation.

They hold on to this player and “upgrade” by adding the premium starter at the expense of unproven minor leaguers.

I can’t remember any team trading their young controllable #2 starter in this situation.

On 6/19/2023 at 6:08 AM, Jeff Fletcher said:

The Brewers are in first place. 

I assume they learned their lesson from the Hader fiasco. 

Yep. I mentioned that on our podcast last night. 

Why would they even trade him when they legit have a chance to win that division? 

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Sandoval is arguably the team’s #2 starter right now and isn’t a free agent until 2027.

He is 26 with a lifetime era of 3.77.

I just don’t think teams trade this kind of player to “upgrade” their rotation.

They hold on to this player and “upgrade” by adding the premium starter at the expense of unproven minor leaguers.

I can’t remember any team trading their young controllable #2 starter in this situation.

Joe Saunders for Dan Haren? Saunders was a bit older and his career ERA was half a run lower, but he was traded for Haren.

I don't see him being moved, especially for the equivalent of Haren, but for someone like Burnes, you make that move.

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yep. I mentioned that on our podcast last night. 

Why would they even trade him when they legit have a chance to win that division? 

Honestly I think the same applies to Goldschmidt since they have him next year too. 

For as bad as the Cardinals have been, there’s no reason for them not to try to win the division in 2024.

The division is so bad that I wouldn’t even rule out the Cubs being in the race this year, which would eliminate Stroman. 

11 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Joe Saunders for Dan Haren? Saunders was a bit older and his career ERA was half a run lower, but he was traded for Haren.

I don't see him being moved, especially for the equivalent of Haren, but for someone like Burnes, you make that move.

Comparing Joe Saunders to the value of a 26 year old Patrick Sandoval right now isn’t a good comp.

Saunders was never a dominant pitcher and didn’t have the stuff to project as a dominant pitcher.

In the real world, there is just no way the Angels include Patrick Sandoval in a trade to “upgrade” the rotation, rather than building a package around prospects.

It just ain’t happening.  Unless Perry wants to risk his job.

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

Comparing Joe Saunders to the value of a 26 year old Patrick Sandoval right now isn’t a good comp.

Saunders was never a dominant pitcher and didn’t have the stuff to project as a dominant pitcher.

In the real world, there is just no way the Angels include Patrick Sandoval in a trade to “upgrade” the rotation, rather than building a package around prospects.

It just ain’t happening.  Unless Perry wants to risk his job.

I know it's not a comp, I just think it's an example of trading a #3/4 starter for a #2. In Sandoval's case, he'd only get moved for a #1, or as a piece in a larger deal for like Goldschmidt.

1 minute ago, Hubs said:

In Sandoval's case, he'd only get moved for a #1, or as a piece in a larger deal for like Goldschmidt.

And I am telling you neither of those two things is going to happen.

Sandoval is not going to be in a package for a #1 starter or for Goldschmidt.

They are not trading Sandoval.