• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Roster Changes (since Urshela & Rendon) may hit the IL

Chuck

Now that we've enjoyed the win last night & taking the four-game series against Texas, it's time to talk about who may get promoted to replace one if not two of Rendon & Urshela. 

Kevin Padlo: .274/.397/.549 (Can play 3B, 1B)
Michael Stefanic: .347/.446/.449 (Can play 2B & 3B)

Looked at both defensively and they haven't been that bad at their respective positions. 

If the Bereavement Leave is short, I would recall Fletcher, unless there is a 40 man roster problem.  He obviously has limitations but he is experienced and versatile....If both Rendon and Urshela are out for awhile, you plug in Drury at 3b and Rengifo at 2b.....Might have to call up or make a minor type trade for a 1bman, in addition to Fletcher...

Also Lamb is on the 40 man. As far as Fletcher, they can put him back on the 40 and either DFA one of the pitchers or put Jose Suarez on the 60-Day IL. 

He went on the IL on May 8th. That’s like 39 days ago. I haven’t seen that he was on a rehab assignment yet.  

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

@totdprods I wonder if the Angels promote Kyren Paris to take SS?

He's played a majority of his games at SS this season and really provides the most value offensively between Rengifo/Velazquez. 

That seems a little reactionary unless they’re anticipating Neto missing several weeks…which is possible. Have to think Rengifo, Soto, Velazquez hold it down in the interim if they think it’ll be maybe around a 15 day stint. 

Maybe more than any call ups (although that is obviously important), losing Urshela would mean that Walsh gets a longer leash to work through his slump.....You just hope he can wake up, even if not to his best level of 2020 and 2021, although that would be nice....

19 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Maybe more than any call ups (although that is obviously important), losing Urshela would mean that Walsh gets a longer leash to work through his slump.....You just hope he can wake up, even if not to his best level of 2020 and 2021, although that would be nice....

Put Ward at 1B bring up Adell as 4th OF.

4 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

You bring up Fletcher who is killing it at SLC. Great glove and can play all INF positions. Maybe bring up Adell let Ward play 1B or 3B. 

Nevin has said Ward is an outfielder and won’t play infield except in case of emergency.  This is a good time to bring up Fletcher as soon as he’s ready.

7 minutes ago, Don3347 said:

Fletcher is crap, why do so many admire such a mediocre player?

Because we are running out of other options.....he is experienced and versatile, obviously with limitations that resulting in his demotion...

56 minutes ago, totdprods said:

That seems a little reactionary unless they’re anticipating Neto missing several weeks…which is possible. Have to think Rengifo, Soto, Velazquez hold it down in the interim if they think it’ll be maybe around a 15 day stint. 

Don’t these oblique injuries take a while to heal? I’m assuming Neto will miss significant time. 

17 minutes ago, Don3347 said:

Fletcher is crap, why do so many admire such a mediocre player?

There's been a lot of crap offensive performances this month. Trout, Rendon, Walsh. If he hits .200, he'll double the production of those guys.

1 minute ago, gurn67 said:

There's been a lot of crap offensive performances this month. Trout, Rendon, Walsh. If he hits .200, he'll double the production of those guys.

He's a reflection of crap years in the Angels past, let him enjoy his grossly overpaid life in Salt Lake or elsewhere. 

Is he handsome or something?

The guy is mediocrity defined. 

4 minutes ago, Don3347 said:

He's a reflection of crap years in the Angels past, let him enjoy his grossly overpaid life in Salt Lake or elsewhere. 

Is he handsome or something?

The guy is mediocrity defined. 

If Fletcher is crap, then Andrew Velazquez is diarrhea.

Maybe Urshela wakes up feeling better today and we aren’t as bad off as we think, although the whole “Urshela is on crutches” isn’t too promising. 

I say call up Lamb, plug him at 3rd, Rengifo is the new SS, Drury at second and Ward/Thaiss/Walsh at 1st. Velasquez or Fletcher can be the utility guy 

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

Don’t these oblique injuries take a while to heal? I’m assuming Neto will miss significant time. 

We haven’t heard a timeline yet. Could be a month, could be minor and semi-precautionary so it didn’t become a month-plus thing and they didn’t want to have a thin bench.

24 minutes ago, TroutField said:

I say call up Lamb, plug him at 3rd, Rengifo is the new SS, Drury at second and Ward/Thaiss/Walsh at 1st. Velasquez or Fletcher can be the utility guy 

I  think that is a possible scenario....Lamb and Fletcher aren't great but they have big league experience and we don't have a top tier prospect waiting in the wings.....Adell would be a logical option in the OF but we are fine in the OF......

7 minutes ago, totdprods said:

We haven’t heard a timeline yet. Could be a month, could be minor and semi-precautionary so it didn’t become a month-plus thing and they didn’t want to have a thin bench.

I’m assuming it’ll be 5-10 days. Sounded pretty minor, I could be wrong. 

this is the angels , after all. He may have to have his oblique removed