• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Daniel Murphy to a minor league deal

mmc

2 minutes ago, RenoHalo said:

I wonder if this is a preemptive move to replace Fletch or Stefanic at SLC in a potential trade? I can't see any reason why they would need Daniel Murphy at all, unless he can play 1B also?

I think he primarily played 1B with the Rockies, he's somewhere in line there now likely.  Maybe the next guy to get called up if they want to replace Walsh

37 minutes ago, mmc said:

You're probably thinking of David Murphy

The awful David Murphy/Shane Victorino/David DeJesus deadline acquisitions.

Stoneman couldn’t land a quality left fielder at the deadline, and it cost the Angels a playoff spot.

Edited by Trendon

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I’ll stab a guess that there’s a chance Lamb has another opt-out coming up, or has potential to be DFA’ed to clear room off the 40-man for another reliever with Joyce out, and Murphy is there to replace Lamb if they lose him, or just be another comparable bat if not.

I don’t think Lamb can opt out since he’s on the 40.

44 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Nice pride month addition, let's take Anthony Bass in next and see if he can rebound

In March 2015, Major League Ambassador for Inclusion, Billy Bean, visited the Mets spring training clubhouse. Murphy, a devout Christian, made controversial comments when he remarked on Bean, who is gay: "I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual."

An instant AW favorite!

6 minutes ago, Trendon said:

The awful David Murphy/Shane Victorino/David DeJesus deadline acquisitions.

Stoneman couldn’t land a quality left fielder at the deadline, and it cost the Angels a playoff spot.

That was likely Reagins or Dipoto. It's been a while since Stoneman was anything more more than an advisor. 

9 minutes ago, Second Base said:

That was likely Reagins or Dipoto. It's been a while since Stoneman was anything more more than an advisor. 

That was the deadline where Dipoto resigned and Stoneman took over as interim GM.

27 minutes ago, Taylor said:

In March 2015, Major League Ambassador for Inclusion, Billy Bean, visited the Mets spring training clubhouse. Murphy, a devout Christian, made controversial comments when he remarked on Bean, who is gay: "I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual

I wonder how often Billy Beane gets mistaken for Billy Bean?

I know I had to think about it for a second.

Edited by REDneck

Unfortunately it doesn't appear Trey Cabbage is the answer since he's a below average first baseman defensively. 

Just got done chatting with someone who has followed baseball a long time and covers the Salt Lake Bees daily. He's pretty rough at 1B and his bat has gone cold too. 

.171/.268/.371 with 16 K's in 9 games this month. 

12 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Unfortunately it doesn't appear Trey Cabbage is the answer since he's a below average first baseman defensively. 

Just got done chatting with someone who has followed baseball a long time and covers the Salt Lake Bees daily. He's pretty rough at 1B and his bat has gone cold too. 

.171/.268/.371 with 16 K's in 9 games this month. 

I kind of suspect Cabbage is more of a quad-A guy.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

An instant AW favorite!

In March 2015, Major League Ambassador for Inclusion, Billy Bean, visited the Mets spring training clubhouse. Murphy, a devout Christian, made controversial comments when he remarked on Bean, who is gay: "I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual."

What, did he think he was lying about it?