• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (5/29/23): Angels @ White Sox - Canning on the mound

mmc

At this point I don't know of any player that has contributed more to the Angels winning games this year than Neto. You can't see it in his slash line but you can see it every time he makes a 5% chance of success play, like that one that ended the game.

He can easily be the Rookie of the Year with a slightly above league average bat. 

Just now, Blarg said:

At this point I don't know of any player that has contributed more to the Angels winning games this year than Neto. You can't see it in his slash line but you can see it every time he makes a 5% chance of success play, like that one that ended the game.

He can easily be the Rookie of the Year with a slightly above league average bat. 

It’s a little early to check in on the defensive stats but the glove is legit. His emergence has easily been the best thing to happen to this team this year. Maybe Minasian really did know something this off season when he didn’t get a shortstop.

23 minutes ago, TroutField said:

What’s up with Renfroe. Dude has been slumping for like a month it feels like, starting to think maybe Adell could contribute to the outfield mix 

That's the thing about him. Super streaky. He's our new Upton.

But I still like the move a lot. He'll get hot again.

Thr shit thing is we won a lot of games this year because of him, and other guys you wouldn't expect it from. (Random Drury late game homer, Thaiss, etc).

When they go cold... and Trout and Ohtani aren't super stars..... the offense looks really flat.

The bright side is Ohtani and Trout WILL wake up again. Those are the last two to worry about. It's just cringy watching them not be themselves lately. 

25 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Come on man @khouse.  We won.  Style points don’t matter.  This ain’t college football.

Lets enjoy it brother

If anything I see it different. First thing I thought of when the game ended was "damn... good for him. First bad game in a while, and he still took care of business".

He's been a really nice surprise this year.

4 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

If anything I see it different. First thing I thought of when the game ended was "damn... good for him. First bad game in a while, and he still took care of business".

He's been a really nice surprise this year.

Feels like Lee Smith.  Dudes got on base, but if we were only up by 1, they didn’t score.  But if we were ahead by 2, they’d score 1.  If we were up by 3, they’d score 2.  But in the end, we won, and he got the save.

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Admittedly Perry has done a great job building bullpen depth. 

we could have easily let Loup, Tepera, and then the Moore injury sink our season but we seem to have a solid reliever to fill the role every time we have needed so far… 

Devinski, Estevez, Joyce, Silseth, Webb, Bachman

And we have a couple more down in the minors doing very well. 

pleasantly surprised 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

FYI Neto's OPS+ right now is 103 so he is slightly above league average.  At this pace, he'll hit 4 WAR.