• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I think it's magnified as others struggle. Renfroe has cooled from where he was, Drury hasn't saved a game with a clutch home run, Ward continues to struggle, etc. 

So you look to Trout and Shohei to fix it all. When they don't, you don't worry about the first guys mentioned, because you expect less.

Drury had that crazy four-game series against the A's during which he went 9 for 15 with 4 HR and 12 RBI.  Aside from that series, he's hitting .179/.205/.321.  Blech.

4 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Drury had that crazy four-game series against the A's during which he went 9 for 15 with 4 HR and 12 RBI.  Aside from that series, he's hitting .179/.205/.321.  Blech.

Totally. But those games he came through big. Not that that means he is doing well, but that he's had a few moments that masked the team losing. 

Renfroe being hot as hell the first few weeks did the same thing. It was easier to watch Ward struggle, Rendon start cold and miss days, etc etc.

Now that nobody is hot, everyone teetering between cold and decent, there's nothing saving us right now.

Need a few of these guys to get hot, and hopefully they hit next to each other in the lineup.

I know Thaiss has been doing well lately. So he's probably next to the DL.

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

Trout hit .308/.395/.589/.984 for April. Nothing to complain about, those are superstar numbers.

But May (the last 7 games) has been awfully Mathis like at .214/.290/.321/.612. Since we are pretty much ADD as fans, 7 games are projected as future results no matter how stupid that idea is. I myself felt like Trout's Kryptonite was a runner on first base, because I saw him erase those runners on ground ball force plays. But stats say that's a rare incident. I just tuned in for the failures instead of the success.  

The last 7 games have sucked for Trout, the team and us the fans. I doubt this is going to continue much longer and by the end of the month his slash line is going to look a lot like April's. It's just a matter of waiting it out. 

Last 15 games: .226/.269/.387, 3 BB, 20 K.

9 hours ago, Taylor said:

Trade him before his value gets too low.

Unfortunately, nobody is taking on that contract.  The Angels are hamstrung with Trout and Rendon for the next few seasons, and with Trout a few seasons more after that.  This club is ALWAYS in that situation, and the blame has to fall squarely on Arte.  He is always looking for the quick fix and just never seems to learn.  We all laughed when Houston moved to the AL West and we got to play them 16 times.  They didn't look for a quick fix, and the rest is history.

A non sucky Trout today may have resulted in a Win...just maybe

And WTF with Ward against Vasquez...0-9 with 8ks and a pop out?

I guess just WTH with both of them?

Edited by REDneck

2 hours ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

It's not just that he's slumping, it's how bad he has looked. Swinging through fastballs right down the middle and swinging at balls above the zone. Really strange to see from him but I have confidence that his bat will come around. Team defense on the other hand will be an issue all season.

Watching the game replay at the gym right now. And this is what I'm seeing too.

Again, I'm no expert. Maybe it's just a normal funk that everyone goes through. But he looks like he's getting fooled left and right. 

Again, it stands out because nobody on the teamnright now is hot, and nobody is coming through in the clutch and stealing wins away for us like we saw a few weeks ago. (That St Louis comeback aside). And like Blarg pointed out he had a great May.

And it's still Trout. He'll wake up sooner or later. (Just seems lost right now)

But those two misplaced he looked like he was gonna rob.... just doesn't seem normal at all.

39 minutes ago, oldguy said:

Unfortunately, nobody is taking on that contract.  The Angels are hamstrung with Trout and Rendon for the next few seasons, and with Trout a few seasons more after that.  This club is ALWAYS in that situation, and the blame has to fall squarely on Arte.  He is always looking for the quick fix and just never seems to learn.  We all laughed when Houston moved to the AL West and we got to play them 16 times.  They didn't look for a quick fix, and the rest is history.

Thanks for your lengthy response to my joke post.