• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Passan: Shohei Ohtani Could Be Traded, 'Will Definitely' Leave Angels If LA Struggles

Chuck

40 minutes ago, Reveille1984 said:

Ohtani IMHO just isn't as valuable to us as he is to other actual contenders.  We need to either spend huge in FA, or refresh our team with some young talent eventually.  Since Arte likely isn't going to support a $300M payroll anytime soon, if guys like O'Hoppe/Neto can become good young players and Adell can become anything, that would go a long ways on top of a package of young, impact talent from an Ohtani trade.

I love Shohei and he's a once in a lifetime player, but we've likely already benefited from his best years and this isn't the NBA.  I want to maybe, actually, win baseball games again at some point and become a playoff team again.   Strapping ourselves to a half billion contract for a 29 year old probably isn't the first stop towards that goal.

No more out of house big money FAs, none have truly worked out since Vlad almost 20 years ago.

Mr. Clutch he ain't. Winning would occur more often if he and Mr. Trout would get more key hits for us. 

Don't want this hanging over our heads all season, we have a lot of upcoming talent in the system, our future looks good, with or without Ohtani. 

1 hour ago, Swordsman78 said:

People bitch that Shohei and Trout should get the chance to play on the "big stage" aka playoffs.   Well they both were on the "big stage" in New York with the game on the line yesterday and did nothing memorable for their "legacies".

Not to pop your bubble, but the "big stage" isn't a game on Wednesday in April.

Mantle prolly homers....
Or strikes out because he is too drunk to put the ball in play. I'm old enough to have seen Mantle play in the 1960s, and he was not an invincible machine.

49 minutes ago, James said:

Its time to sit down with his agent and have conversations. If they are not being clear on their intent, you trade him. You dont come with some bs offer though, you come with a legitimate offer that you can afford. Quite frankly, we shouldn't want any player that isnt all in, thats not a good foundation to build chemistry and a winning tradition. Put the ball in Ohtani's court already. 

100% and I said this on our podcast earlier this week @James

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

if you follow the team, you know it isn’t the same. The results are somewhat similar but there is a ton more talent here now.  

We haven't finished above .500 since he's been here, but it isn't the same... what?

Maybe this is the year we finally do, but I wouldn't call this team "a ton" more talented unless a lot of circumstances break our way.

7 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The last part is key. If you watch ANY athlete day to day, you'll see all their failures. 

Years later you only remember the good times.

As I once heard it put, the best players in the game fail two times out of three. It is also probably the single hardest skill in sports to hit a round ball with a round bat - especially one thrown that breaks and comes in at high speed.

I’m in the camp of trading Ohtani and getting max haul. I feel that we are on the verge of having a very productive farm system and we need to start thinking long term. Shohei keeps us in short term thinking because the mentality is win now.  His predicted $50M salary will limit our ability to fill holes in our lineup. 

I would trade him for a prospect haul and use his $30M from this year to address a position of real need (which would probably be a pitcher). 

It’s April and I’m already tired of the Shohei circus every day among “pundits”. 

Yeah I love Shohei as much as anyone but if anyone knows one player doesn’t make a team it’s the Angels. 

I would be ecstatic to have him stay but if chose to go the hardest thing to replace would be the ace this team has lacked for so long. Unless Bachman or Silseth are ready to take huge strides forward I don’t see it happening internally. 

Just now, TroutField said:

Yeah I love Shohei as much as anyone but if anyone knows one player doesn’t make a team it’s the Angels. 

I would be ecstatic to have him stay but if chose to go the hardest thing to replace would be the ace this team has lacked for so long. Unless Bachman or Silseth are ready to take huge strides forward I don’t see it happening internally. 

Urias or Nola though wouldnt be a terrible back up plan.