• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Passan: Shohei Ohtani Could Be Traded, 'Will Definitely' Leave Angels If LA Struggles

Chuck

Taking emotion out of it, or at least attempting to...

He chose the Angels because they were on the West Coast, traded to offer him more money as an amateur, had Mike Trout, had a spend happy owner, loved Billy Eppler and Mike Scioscia's plan they built for him, and they were an AL team, meaning he didn't have to play the field. 

It was the ideal confluence of factors that brought him to the Angels. 

And from what we think we know...

1. Money isn't the most important factor. 

2. He wants to win. 

3. He's a very good teammate. 

--------

So looking at where the Angels are now. Billy Eppler and Mike Scioscia are gone. Almost all his teammates from when he signed are gone. The DH only being in the AL is gone. The Angels haven't won, their future prospects at winning are neither bleak nor certain. 

I just don't think he re-ups. I think he ends up either in San Francisco or New York. 

And to address the next question, will they trade him? I think it's been said enough times already. The Angels won't be bad enough to trade him away. So they'll get nothing for losing him, but when he goes into the HOF someday, he'll wear an Angel hat, just like Vlad and Mike. 

The Angels are in a bad situation.  It’s a classic damned if you do, damned if you don’t conundrum.  They’re obviously worse off in the short term if he leaves, and it’s terrible for the fans.  But there’s no point in signing him up if Arte isn’t going to change.  I see no reason to assume he will.  There’s no reason to keep Ohtani around and it’s probably a mistake to do so if Arte isn’t going to dramatically increase payroll.  Im talking more than $230 million a year.  At least. I’m pretty skeptical of that.  Of course if he does do that -  then great. 

10 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The Angels are in a bad situation.  It’s a classic damned if you do, damned if you don’t conundrum.  They’re obviously worse off in the short term if he leaves, and it’s terrible for the fans.  But there’s no point in signing him up if Arte isn’t going to change.  I see no reason to assume he will.  There’s no reason to keep Ohtani around and it’s probably a mistake to do so if Arte isn’t going to dramatically increase payroll.  Im talking more than $230 million a year.  At least. I’m pretty skeptical of that.  Of course if he does do that -  then great. 

The way I see it is it doesn’t really matter because they’ve been a terrible team with or without him

8 hours ago, James said:

Its time to sit down with his agent and have conversations. If they are not being clear on their intent, you trade him. You dont come with some bs offer though, you come with a legitimate offer that you can afford. Quite frankly, we shouldn't want any player that isnt all in, thats not a good foundation to build chemistry and a winning tradition. Put the ball in Ohtani's court already. 

His agent has already essentially said he is going to test free agency.

4 minutes ago, happybat4 said:

Trade him and get what you can. This past off-season probably would have been the best time to trade him.

Maybe Trout will waive his no trade clause and go too 

Trout might at this point but his contract and injury history will make him very hard to move