• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brandon Marsh

47 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Marsh is much more easily replaced than O’hoppe. 

and if Adell ever becomes good at the major league level it makes the trade look even better for the Angels. 

Exactly.  Renfroe is performing just about as well as Marsh, and we got him for virtually nothing.

As said in this same thread - it is very difficult to find good quality catchers.  O'Hoppe is a young, solid catcher.  As alluded to upthread, we'd likely have a Thaiss/Wallach catching duo right now if we didn't trade for O'Hoppe .. YIKES.

3 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Exactly.  Renfroe is performing just about as well as Marsh, and we got him for virtually nothing.

As said in this same thread - it is very difficult to find good quality catchers.  O'Hoppe is a young, solid catcher.  As alluded to upthread, we'd likely have a Thaiss/Wallach catching duo right now if we didn't trade for O'Hoppe .. YIKES.

It seems like it’s been a while since the Halos had a young catcher with a lot of upside. 

10 hours ago, Warfarin said:

And we even have Quero, who is looking really good in AA.  So it's quite possible we might have two really good young catchers.

I can't remember a time when the future at the catcher position looked so promising. I mean, for a hot second with Napoli and Mathis, I guess. And don't get me started on John Orton.

Anyhow, I can see O'Hoppe being the primary catcher, getting some PA at DH if Ohtani leaves, and Quero being secondary and getting plenty of time at 1B. Assuming Quero's bat translated to the majors, the Angels are going to want him in the lineup more often than his one-third-at-most catching duties would yield.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, case said:

Yawn. Marsh is now hitting .262   

It was hilarious how so many in baseball were giving him superstardom not long ago and now you don't ever hear about him.

I wonder if Kevin Long who is one of the best hitting coaches in MLB can fix him?