• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jared Walsh will start the season on IL with headaches and insomnia, Jake Lamb will make Angels roster

rafibomb

• mmc changed the title to Jared Walsh will start the season on IL with headaches and insomnia, Jake Lamb will make Angels roster

Obviously I hope both of them get better, but part of me wonders about the “convenience” of these injuries roster wise.

Stassi was behind on ABs, and then he hurts his hip in a minor league game in Arizona after everyone else left Arizona?

Walsh is dealing with headaches and insomnia?

Not saying these injuries aren’t real, but maybe the Angels are being extra cautious with these guys because they had a roster crunch?

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Is this team really going to A-GAIN be amongst the leaders in cumulative IL days???

I was curious so I looked it up.  Here is our position amongst all other teams in cumulative days on IL. We led the league in 2018, but have been better than average since. I looked here for the info: https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/injured-list/2018/cumulative-team/

17th in 2022

17th in 2021

25th in 2020

17th in 2019

1st in 2018

1 hour ago, zenmaster said:

I was curious so I looked it up.  Here is our position amongst all other teams in cumulative days on IL. We led the league in 2018, but have been better than average since. I looked here for the info: https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/injured-list/2018/cumulative-team/

17th in 2022

17th in 2021

25th in 2020

17th in 2019

1st in 2018

Doesn't quite tell the whole story.  Could be some scrub that was never going to play much anyway on there or it could be one of your key players.  The Angels injuries have been highly magnified for a few reasons.  They have overly dependent on very few players.  They haven't had a very good farm.  Especially in terms of depth.  And their bench has sucked.  They all relate to one another but the bottom line is that you just have to pay attention to the entire org.  Not just the top 15 guys on your roster.