• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Athletic's Off Season Grades (Angels get a B+)

Docwaukee

I agree with a B+ and think it's fair.  Just combing through the various FA signings and trades I think there's a couple things that they could have done differently that would have further increased the overall impact to the team but of course I'm saying that without appropriate context.  

Yep, that's what I'd give them - and a B+ is very good, though not quite in the excellent+ range (I'm old school).

really like the raised floor. It greatly increases the chance that the Angels will be, at least, competitive for most of the year.

Sure, they could have gone after Correa and pushed the dial up a bit. But in two or three years, we'll probably be happy they didn't, as we have a cheap Neto vs. an expensive 30-something Correa.

To get to A-, I'd like to have seen a bit more bolstering of the bullpen, but I'm not sure how that would have been possible without risking another over-spend like Loup/Tepera. I'm worried we're going to miss Raisel this year.

My biggest concern going into the season is, as last year, the health of the Big Three...I'm still including Rendon, because we still don't know how he'd perform if healthy, so I'm not quite ready to write him off as a non-star. I'm not convinced Trout can play 140 games, and I still worry about Ohtani's arm. But if all three are healthy - or at least if we can get 400 starts from them (and 25+ GS from Ohtani), I think the Angels are going to be legit contenders.

Thats fair IMO.
We could have done sooooo much more. 
We definitely raised the floor, so we wont be as bad ... but didnt do much to raise the roof.
Few games over 500 on the outside looking in come playoff time. 
Theres still time, but as of right now, yeah, thats about right. 

20 hours ago, floplag said:

Thats fair IMO.
We could have done sooooo much more. 
We definitely raised the floor, so we wont be as bad ... but didnt do much to raise the roof.
Few games over 500 on the outside looking in come playoff time. 
Theres still time, but as of right now, yeah, thats about right. 

You should turn this post into a haiku

40 minutes ago, floplag said:

Sorry i failed geometry.
(sarcasm/humor before anyone goes there because someone will)

I understood it was a joke, but what geometry term does "haiku" sound like?

Perhaps the superior joke would have been, "Sorry, I took Spanish as my second language."

26 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I understood it was a joke, but what geometry term does "haiku" sound like?

Perhaps the superior joke would have been, "Sorry, I took Spanish as my second language."

Could go a lot of ways really... just happened to be the first one that popped in 🙂