• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Things You’d Like to See Under New Ownership

BTH

1 minute ago, ELEVEN said:

How about putting an INO truck on each side of the courtyard for weekend games?

We rarely take payment on those trucks, maybe once every few years. This year we are doing it three times.  There’s zero chance of this happening. We are booked every weekend with a waiting list 7-10 people deep. 

So I think with all of these scenarios, it'll be interesting to see what happens with Minasian.

It seems most of us feel he is doing a good job.  Will the new owner want "his guy" in place and fire Minasian?  Or will they allow Minasian to finish his contract (2 more years, including this one) before making a decision?

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The Angels kept Stoneman after the transfer from Disney to Moreno. The Dodgers kept Ned Colleti after McCourt sold the team. I don't see any reason that Minasian won't complete out his contract. 

Stoneman’s team won a World Series and Colletti’s team went to two NLCS’s.

Minasian hasn’t even finished with a record above .500 so far.

On 1/19/2023 at 6:57 AM, angelsnationtalk said:
  • President of baseball ops
  • Strengthened staff for scouting
  • strengthened staff for player development
  • payroll flexibility to compete with any team as needed
  • Refreshed Angels jerseys from 1976–1992
  • Get rid of "LA" on the name
  • NUMEROUS WORLD SERIES TITLES 

I forgot to add one thing to this list which i consider to be one of my top requests....

RETIRE TIM SALMON'S NUMBER. 

20 hours ago, Stradling said:

We rarely take payment on those trucks, maybe once every few years. This year we are doing it three times.  There’s zero chance of this happening. We are booked every weekend with a waiting list 7-10 people deep. 

Damn, now I want INO.

Ultimately just want to feel like we don't have to guess about spending, and a large investment in infrastructure--personnel and physical. That's why I hope Lacob gets it. He did the same thing in Golden State, and spared no expense. And people laughed in 2019 because they lost Durant and sucked. He took care of his guys, trusted the smart people in the front office, and they came back 3 years later and won the title again against all odds. He knows how to spend and he knows how to let his guys run the show. 

My football team, Denver, has rich new owners and is looking to prove themselves in every way. They paid $300K for the field for one game, last of the season. They're investing $100 million in stadium renovations. And they're about to set a record for paying a coach, because they're trying to make a statement. That's the fun part, when the owners come in and spend money like crazy. I hope that happens with the Angels.