• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

On 12/10/2023 at 8:05 AM, tdawg87 said:

Wagaman is interesting. Stash him in Salt Lake and see if he can mash.

Ryan Miller is meh but nothing wrong with depth. Hopefully Minasian brings in 5 more.

The arm back in the Stassi and Fletcher trade, Tyler Thomas, was someone the Braves grabbed in the minor league phase, and seems to at least have a shot at being a decent up-and-down reliever. Really good strikeout numbers without terrible walk rates. 

I like the Wagaman and Evan White adds. It’s good to have someone right-handed in the minors as potential Schanuel insurance if he struggles against lefties. White’s likely a bust but maybe a change of scenery brings about Moniak 2.0, and Wagaman I’m guessing has also just had a hard time staying healthy like White. Good low-risk gambles.

Murakami (Age 23) of the Tokyo Yakult Swallows signed after negotiating a contract renewal with his team. He said in an interview about his hopes for the future, ”My desire to go to the Major Leagues is growing even stronger. It was my first time playing in the United States in the WBC, and I feel like I'm getting closer one step at a time.”

(Reference in Japanese) Sports Hochi on December 12, 2023

(YouTube) WorldBaseballClassic final

(NPB English page) His stats

1 hour ago, FromJapan said:

Murakami (Age 23) of the Tokyo Yakult Swallows signed after negotiating a contract renewal with his team. He said in an interview about his hopes for the future, ”My desire to go to the Major Leagues is growing even stronger. It was my first time playing in the United States in the WBC, and I feel like I'm getting closer one step at a time.”

(Reference in Japanese) Sports Hochi on December 12, 2023

(YouTube) WorldBaseballClassic final

(NPB English page) His stats

Munetaka Murakami is just 23, and has put up huge power and OBP numbers as 1B/3B the past 6 years for Yakult.

How long before he gets posted?

Any relation to first ever Japanese born player Masanori Murakami (SF Giants pitcher in mid 1960s)?

Edited by Angel Oracle

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Munetaka Murakami is just 23, and has put up huge power and OBP numbers as 1B/3B the past 6 years for Yakult.

How long before he gets posted?

Any relation to first ever Japanese born player Masanori Murakami (SF Giants pitcher in mid 1960s)?

Murakami will be eligible to become an overseas free agent after the 2027 season at the earliest.
Under current rules, after the 2025 season, he can challenge for the Major Leagues using the posting system if the team approves.

Murakami is a relatively common surname in Japan, with over 300,000 people. No information was found that these two people are related.

Pretty solid top 10 list and I agreed with a lot of the write ups for the top 10.

Basic rundown;

1. For both Nolan and Rada's power will determine is they take that next step or not! For Nolan, could potentially be 20 power guy, but currently viewed as a 10-15 hr. Rada  is viewed as the typical lead of hitter.

2. Dana, Big fastball and a plus slider, 4 pitch mix with a fastball in the mid 90s. His fading-change could potentially develop into his best out pitch. Four pitch pitcher, with the ability to develop 3 above-average or better pitches. Personally I think your'll looking at #2/3. 

3. Kent same as Dana, has four solid pitches that could potentially be above0average. Just need to stay healthy and develop. Currently I think a #3 upside is a good start for him just needs to stay healthy and develop. 

4. Koch, FB with really good sink made a arm angle changed last season and velo increased. , He has the chances  to be a groundball machine that could potentially be #3, if command and his secondary stuff improve. Currently viewed as back-of- the rotation type of arm. Throws a lot of strike, and at times to many. Overall needs improve the in strike-zone command 

5. Bachman and Medrosis-> Potentially Bp arm but will have a shot at starting. 

1 hour ago, greginpsca said:

Was hoping to see a few more guys from the 2023 draft on here. Just Shanuel and Kent.

I never like seeing guys just drafted in a top 10, that's normally a sign of zero depth.  Freshly drafted guys are the biggest unknowns, they have the shortest professional track records, in most cases are further away, and are typically tools darlings.

Signing someone for DH like Mitch Garver or even Rhys Hoskins makes a lot more sense than JD Martinez or Jorge Soler. Gives us a right-handed 1B power bat to compliment Schanuel and/or provide insurance if he needs some AAA seasoning at some point. 

Given how the org moved on from Stassi and Fletcher rather surreptitiously, I wouldn't be surprised if Ward was moved this winter. I know there's difference between him and Fletcher and Stassi, since the latter two didn't produce really at all for the last couple seasons, but moving Ward would open up an OF spot for someone with some bankable proven OF production like Gurriel, with Adell + Moniak holding down the other spot and 4th OF. 

Ward as a 1B/DH/OF makes sense too.

Keep thinking about guys like Max Kepler and Jorge Polanco. Expiring deals, Minnesota being frugal, they dealt Urshela to us last year... 

11 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Signing someone for DH like Mitch Garver or even Rhys Hoskins makes a lot more sense than JD Martinez or Jorge Soler. Gives us a right-handed 1B power bat to compliment Schanuel and/or provide insurance if he needs some AAA seasoning at some point. 

Given how the org moved on from Stassi and Fletcher rather surreptitiously, I wouldn't be surprised if Ward was moved this winter. I know there's difference between him and Fletcher and Stassi, since the latter two didn't produce really at all for the last couple seasons, but moving Ward would open up an OF spot for someone with some bankable proven OF production like Gurriel, with Adell + Moniak holding down the other spot and 4th OF. 

Ward as a 1B/DH/OF makes sense too.

Keep thinking about guys like Max Kepler and Jorge Polanco. Expiring deals, Minnesota being frugal, they dealt Urshela to us last year... 

You seem to have taken a wrong turn somewhere