• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

12 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Dom Chiti is back with the Angels as a minor league instructor.

Not surprised he’s back, but I thought he might end up back on the major league staff.

He and Buck are buddies so I thought if Buck got the job, he’d get a spot on the major league staff.

I guess he still could if they hire Buck.

14 hours ago, BTH said:

Not surprised he’s back, but I thought he might end up back on the major league staff.

He and Buck are buddies so I thought if Buck got the job, he’d get a spot on the major league staff.

I guess he still could if they hire Buck.

Pretty sure if Buck is hired Chiti gets a promotion.

13 hours ago, Tank said:

can someone give us lowdown on this kid?

Its been a bit but, tall, projectable SS who most feel ends up at 3B because body maturity.  Biggest asset early on was very advanced plate discipline, it was said he simply didn't swing at bad pitches .... So, pretty much the opposite of the typical Dominican. Last I checked he was given 50 grades across the board meaning he's not viewed to have any glaring weaknesses.  So, if MLB is rating him 37th, they may not think he's got a huge ceiling which is fine given they hung Miguel Cabrera upsides on Kevin Maitan.  

A 16 year old with a 50 grade would be an asset.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Its been a bit but, tall, project able SS who most feel ends up at 3B because body maturity.  Biggest asset early on was very advanced plate discipline, it was said he simply didn't swing at bad pitches .... So, pretty much the opposite of the typical Dominican. Last I checked he was given 50 grades across the board meaning he's not viewer to have any weaknesses, so if MLB is rating him 37th, they may not think he's got a huge ceiling which is fine given they hung Miguel Cabrera upsides on Kevin Maitan.  

A 16 year old with a 50 grade would be an asset.

so, not baldoquin-ish?

https://www.mlb.com/news/angels-davis-daniel-spins-dominant-second-outing-in-fall-league?t=arizona-fall-league-coverage

Daniel’s impressive outing Saturday was all the more noteworthy because it came against a Javelinas lineup that has hit .302 as a team and is the only Fall League club with more than 100 runs scored (108). Then again, having a starter that has already faced the Cleveland Guardians, Minnesota Twins and Oakland Athletics is a pretty good way of cooling even the AFL’s hottest bats.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2023 at 9:23 AM, Chuckster70 said:

Nelson Rada adds some more accolades to his resume. Angels Minor League Player of the Year and now a Gold Glove Winner

https://www.mlb.com/news/2023-minor-league-gold-glove-award-winners

This is on top of Rada scoring 94 runs, .395 OBP, and stealing 55 bases (83% success).

In his age 17/18 season already in A ball, crazy!

If even just some gap hitting  develops, Kenny Lofton comp?

Edited by Angel Oracle

8 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

This is on top of Rada scoring 94 runs, .395 OBP, and stealing 55 bases (83% success).

In his age 17/18 season already in A ball, crazy!

If even just some gap hitting  develops, Kenny Lofton comp?

Not enough power to be a Kenny Lofton type, but maybe an old classic like Brett Butler. 

Angels RHP prospect Davis Daniel led the Arizona Fall in batting average against and WHIP.

Over 19 innings, the 26-year-old Daniel allowed just 10 hits and five walks while striking out 25 batters in AFL action. He led the lead with a .152 batting average against and 0.79 WHIP and was third with a 1.89 ERA. Daniel pitched 12 1/3 innings in the big leagues this season, posting a 2.19 ERA and 1,30 WHIP as a reliever. There’s a chance he comes into spring training with an opportunity to claim a spot in the starting rotation.

13 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:
Angels RHP prospect Davis Daniel led the Arizona Fall in batting average against and WHIP.

Over 19 innings, the 26-year-old Daniel allowed just 10 hits and five walks while striking out 25 batters in AFL action. He led the lead with a .152 batting average against and 0.79 WHIP and was third with a 1.89 ERA. Daniel pitched 12 1/3 innings in the big leagues this season, posting a 2.19 ERA and 1,30 WHIP as a reliever. There’s a chance he comes into spring training with an opportunity to claim a spot in the starting rotation.

Could be nice piece for halos in 2024.