• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thoughts on Trevor Bauer?

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

@Chuckster70 this is one of those polls, that I am not sure I would have sent out to the twitterverse.  It was always going to be controversial and in my opinion we don’t need that kind of attention.  I think the ignorance on both sides of this, especially on twitter, lends itself to giving AW a bad look.    

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Social media is just rife with people chasing "likes" and online "clout".  For every person who actually has strong negative feeling about Bauer there are dozens others who will say/do whatever to get their dopamine fix.  I mean the same guy who was fine with Domingo German returning to the Yankees so long as he apologized to his teammates is pretending it would be an act of desperation for the Angels to sign him.

I voted no because its a PR nightmare, I cant stand the guy, and I 100% think he was using substances to pitch better..  The fact that there are two other women who have previously had some similar story just ads to it.... but unless MLB has some rule against kink, the truth is anyone calling me out for letting my personal feelings about him impact my position would be right.

The people saying that at 720K they have nothing to lose or arguing he could be of help aren't wrong...  Ditto the ppl pointing out that he's not been charged with anything.  Most would likely agree he's an ass, but they aren't wrong about the baseball side of it.

I didn't tweet it, I believe it was @Spirit. We lost 20 or so shitty followers over it so NBD, but I agree with you both. I also voted no TWICE against signing him. 

Some team is going to get an ace level rotation guy here for the MLB minimum.

I don't think Bauer stays in S. California or even in California.

My take (based on ZERO inside information and really not anything more than 'just a hunch' only part as an outside observer and review of media reports) is that he signs either with the NY Mets (if they will extend his contract, which even the Mets may be reluctant to do since Bauer has not pitched in MLB competition for almost two years) or back to the Cincinnati Reds where he has prior ties especially to the pitching coach and the coaching staff -- that would be a one year deal for the MLB minimum with the Dodgers paying for most of his contract.

I doubt the Angels or any California team is in the running to sign him even for the one year left on his Dodgers contract.

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I didn't tweet it, I believe it was @Spirit. We lost 20 or so shitty followers over it so NBD, but I agree with you both. I also voted no TWICE against signing him. 

I just saw this.  You lost 20 followers because @Spirit, not you, asked a question on Twitter?

Are there people on Twitter that follow people just to find a a SJW reason to unfollow them for SJW credibility?

Now I’m tempted to make a Twitter account and school the idiots about the reality of this situation.  Could you imagine the reaction when I explain the woman is the rapist and Bauer is the victim?  

262796EE-1422-4516-9F9B-03360533FD14.gif

On 1/6/2023 at 10:29 PM, cals said:

You absolutely take a chance on Bauer.  A potential number 1 for less than a million?  Worst case is he sucks and you let him go. 

I want the Angels to win the WS.  Not the nice guys awards.

After 2 games people have forgotten Deshaun Watson pulled his dick out in front of 30 masseuses.  People will ignore this noise if he wins.

That's the problem...it was 30!  If you only do it once you can be every TV commercial like Peyton!

21 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

I won't go into details to respect my privacy and the privacy of others, but I want to apologize. Looking back I'm not proud of some of the choices I made. I have sought different avenues to better myself and to ensure better choices in the future. Furthermore while this is not an admission of guilt, I'm donating 2 million dollars to female assistance in domestic battery situations.

Done.

That's all he had to do. It's stupid, but its how this world works. 

and maybe add that he wasn't on Epstein's flight list.

10 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I disagree with all of you.  (Respectfully)  The AngelsWin account posted a link to a poll question in this thread.  The account itself did not take a stand on it.  (Well ... Chuck stuffed the ballot box and voted under the AW account as well as his own, so maybe we did) 

All we did was ask a question.  What came out of that was a handful of people that lost their shit.  It was funny.  It was entertaining.  And, honestly, it was insightful.  It really shows you how twisted things are right now in our world.  In the end, some people unfollowed us and other new accounts followed us.

But it's football season.  Most sports fans yesterday were focused on the final week of the NFL season and what teams were going to make and miss the playoffs.  We got people talking about baseball for a little bit.  If I had it to do over again, I'd do it again.

I guess I see it a little different.  Taking AngelsWin to the socials, in my opinion, should be done to build the brand.  What we do here is pretty fucking great compared to any other Angel website.  We have a good time, while also looking at stats and information.  We have the most educated fans on the web.  However if your initial introduction is something that is more polarizing, it isn’t really the way I would feel comfortable marketing the brand.  AngelsWin is an acquired taste in the sense we have some different personalities and that you have to kind of get to know before really knowing your place.  Just my thoughts.  

1 hour ago, Spirit said:

I disagree with all of you.  (Respectfully)  The AngelsWin account posted a link to a poll question in this thread.  The account itself did not take a stand on it.  (Well ... Chuck stuffed the ballot box and voted under the AW account as well as his own, so maybe we did) 

All we did was ask a question.  What came out of that was a handful of people that lost their shit.  It was funny.  It was entertaining.  And, honestly, it was insightful.  It really shows you how twisted things are right now in our world.  In the end, some people unfollowed us and other new accounts followed us.

But it's football season.  Most sports fans yesterday were focused on the final week of the NFL season and what teams were going to make and miss the playoffs.  We got people talking about baseball for a little bit.  If I had it to do over again, I'd do it again.

???

What I was saying is that it was a pretty safe bet the responses could go off the rails because as you put it "how twisted things are in our world".  Not sure having people accuse a site and its community of being pro rape and domestic violence is "talking about baseball again" but whatever, it should come as no surprise some dolts actually went there.  A person could tweet, I like cheesecake and you might have someone go on a rant about how unethical the treatment of cows involved in the process is and you hate animals, or how some serial killer from the 1940s was known to eat cheesecake after his murders so you must also either support serial killers or be one yourself.  Then the MAGAT and libtard labels get thrown meanwhile some dude just really wanted to share how he loved cheesecake... It's insane.  

Shoulda prolly done a SWOT analysis first (yes I'm joking).

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I guess I see it a little different.  Taking AngelsWin to the socials, in my opinion, should be done to build the brand.  What we do here is pretty fucking great compared to any other Angel website.  We have a good time, while also looking at stats and information.  We have the most educated fans on the web.  However if your initial introduction is something that is more polarizing, it isn’t really the way I would feel comfortable marketing the brand.  AngelsWin is an acquired taste in the sense we have some different personalities and that you have to kind of get to know before really knowing your place.  Just my thoughts.  

I mean the topic is perfectly fine and on AW.com it can go 20 pages without much of the fake outrage.  Its just social media and the virtue signaling types out there that never fail to attach it to a "movement" or add a hashtag that brings the rest of the hive mind into the fray.  The Depp/Heard trial is a hilariously twisted example recently.

Its a big nothing burger IMO but totally not a shock.

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I mean the topic is perfectly fine and on AW.com it can go 20 pages without much of the fake outrage.  Its just social media and the virtue signaling types out there that never fail to attach it to a "movement" or add a hashtag that brings the rest of the hive mind into the fray.  The Depp/Heard trial is a hilariously twisted example recently.

Its a big nothing burger IMO but totally not a shock.

Yeah all of that.. plus there are factions of people & content rivals on Twitter that hate us because of our status and success and they're just chomping at the bit to go on the attack whenever we tweet anything that ruffles their feathers.