• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

Just now, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

13 years. Good lord... Ohtani about to get 15/600 at this rate...'I'm being sarcastic...I think..

I think the 13 years is just designed to lower the luxury tax AAV.  Whether it's 10/350 or 13/350 is largely irrelevant for Correa, as it's not like he'd get another contract after this current one.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

We really gonna whiff on all 4 shortstops this offseason.

i really don't think they were ever swinging at any of them really. it just didn't make sense, especially when combined with the number of realistic suitors for those 4. i said before i think there's a trade coming that's going to sting a bit, but maybe that sting is too much for perry's tolerances and he goes elsewhere and rides with what he's got in house. it's not too crazy. the worst outcome is if they do what they did a couple years ago and get off to a really exciting start only to not really do anything else to really make the big jump in improvement.

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

The big part of the equation that’s unknown is if they can build and develop talent like the Dodgers have done. Otherwise, they’re taking a very similar approach.

Yes, but this is everything about the Dodgers approach. It's the key to their success. There really can't be a comparison between the Dodgers and the Mets because the Mets haven't done this.

Let's see where they're at in 3 years.