• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

TWENTY YEARS AGO Today

Hubs

I was there with halonatic13. Literally top row, but I was there. During the 7th inning stretch it felt like it was done and I was trying to convince myself it was a great season no matter what. Giants' fans were beginning to take over the stadium with their cheering. For the first and probably last time ever I actually prayed for God's involvement in a game. Pretty silly. 

From our seats I thought Spiezio's HR was a pop-up and I was screaming for it to go foul. 

After the Erstad HR in 8th for some reason it felt like a done deal. 

Greatest game I've ever been to. 

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

I was there with halonatic13. Literally top row, but I was there. During the 7th inning stretch it felt like it was done and I was trying to convince myself it was a great season no matter what. Giants' fans were beginning to take over the stadium with their cheering. For the first and probably last time ever I actually prayed for God's involvement in a game. Pretty silly. 

From our seats I thought Spiezio's HR was a pop-up and I was screaming for it to go foul. 

Me and two other friends were there but in seats spread around the stadium (best we could get).  Around the top of the 7th we texted (or maybe it was called back then) each other and decided we would all meet in right field to make an easy exit if the Giants won and to be together for the remainder to of the game.  Once Speez hit the HR everyone went wild.  My smaller friend I was with (not Larry) was going nuts and getting into giants fans faces and shit.  Once they came all the way back and led it, 6-5, it was a madhouse and the Giants fans, who had been pretty cocky 30 minutes earlier all took off.  Yes, greatest game ever.

I get chills every time I watch this. It meant so much as a fan, especially after everything that came before it. The feeling I had after this and the subsequent game is what makes me happy for any of my friends/acquaintances that root for a long suffering team and see them win it all. This applies even to teams I hate. Fuck the Mariners, but once they actually win it all I’ll be super happy for their asshole fans like @Ender and @cez. It will be well deserved and will bring them joy.

7 hours ago, mypillow.com said:

I get chills every time I watch this. It meant so much as a fan, especially after everything that came before it.

Same. Being in the stadium for those games was something I never thought I'd get to experience. That's why I don't go crazy every year over how the team is playing. After all of the heartbreak,  one WS title is enough to last a lifetime for me. 

I was working at an executive suite at the City Tower, a good long walk from the stadium. I went to every ALDS and ALCS game except for Game 4 against Minnesota but got shut out when I arrived early morning to get in line for World Series tickets. So I slinked back to my office and remembered a rumor that Ticketmaster might occasionally release single tickets later in the day. So I constantly refreshed my browser and at around 2:30PM I got a bite for Game 1. Immediately I opened multiple screens and bought about 20 tickets for all four home games on credit which I couldn’t really afford. The plan, as quickly and maybe poorly thought out as it was, was to sell my brother a ticket for a couple of games, sell the rest for a profit and attend every game basically for free. I’ve miscalculated on many things over the years but this time I calculated perfectly.     

There’s a landscape picture of the final out from about 20 rows back of the third base dugout that is available (or was) at Art.com that I have hanging in my office.  I didn’t see the photographer but whoever it was couldn’t have been more than a few feet away from where I was standing. What a tremendous time. Stan Kroenke, Joe Lacob or whoever gets this team, make it happen again.

On 10/26/2022 at 4:36 PM, Erstad Grit said:

Greatest game I've ever been to happened 20 years ago today.  

Having just graduated college I was tending bar at the local Olive Garden. We didn't have TV's. My manager, Jason is a diehard Dodgers fan. Still, we were keeping up on it with a radio, in the manager's office / kitchen and it wasn't that busy for a Saturday night. 

He told me to go next door when Dusty Pulled Ortiz in the 7th with two runners on. We watched Speizio homer at the neighboring Black Angus.

I kept checking back, watching the Erstad HR only on replay, but then he told me to stay and watch the rest of the inning. I watched Glaus Double and then Percy come in and shut the door. 

Watched Game 7 from my Dad's house (he got a last minute invite to the game despite me being a diehard Angels fan and him being a Dodgers and Angels fan)...with my grandparents and my brother came up from college. 

It was pretty great. I really wanted this to be the year they did it again.

I have single signed world series (a few aren't ws) baseballs from...

Anderson

Appier

Donnelly

Eckstein 

Erstad

Figgins

Fullmer 

Glaus

Kennedy

Lackey

Molina, Bengie 

Ortiz