• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia Elections 2022

On 10/19/2022 at 2:30 PM, Brandon said:

image.png

Let's see at a glimpse and surface level:

1. Yes. Women should have the right to choose.

26. Yes. People should have the right or freedom to gamble or use their money as they please.

27. Yes. People should have the right or freedom to gamble or use their money as they please.

28. No. The state already has a surplus to use and I think I read the way they were going to proportion the funds was kind of ridiculous.

29. Indifferent. I'd research this and go with whatever was best for the patients.

30. No. No need to tax people more. They should allocate funds better.

31. Indifferent. I'd probably vote no because flavored tobacco isn't the issue and it restricts rights of others.

Edit: Side note, I don't vote so my opinion is moot.

No

no

no

no

no

no

no

With respect to Prop. 30 and "taxing the rich":

I heard on CNBC this morning that there are about 36,000 individuals in CA that earn over $2 million and these individuals account for 33% of the state's tax revenue. I tried to find some more information on it.

https://reason.org/voters-guide/california-proposition-30-2022-tax-increase-on-incomes-above-2-million/

According to 2019 statistics published by the state’s Franchise Tax Board, only 35,000 taxpayers reported adjusted gross incomes greater than $2 million. In that year, those taxpayers had a cumulative state tax liability of $27.3 billion or 33% of the statewide total in income taxes collected.

Interesting how such a small number of taxpayers account for such a big percentage of the state's income tax revenue. With respect to taxpayers leaving California for lower-tax states:

https://calmatters.org/commentary/2022/08/california-is-leaking-vital-high-income-taxpayers/

Income taxes account for three-quarters of California’s general fund revenues and the top 1% of California taxpayers generate nearly half of those taxes.

That’s just 150,000 taxpayers in a state of 40 million, so even a trickle of departures has a potentially huge impact on the budget.

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Hope you like car payment-sized HOA dues. All of those parks and other amenities cost money. That was enough to put us off Summerlin when we bought.

Meh. No different than here. Also, doing mortgages throughout the country, there really is no escaping them on newer built homes. I hate HOA's, but I'm also looking at newer homes. Some in Summerlin aren't too bad. These two homes, for instance, aren't in the ~$500/mo range.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/10412-Mansion-Hills-Ave-Las-Vegas-NV-89144/6916256_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2951-Reverence-Heights-Ln-Las-Vegas-NV-89138/304916857_zpid/

On the flip side, I am also looking at parts of Wyoming and dig what they have out there around Cheyenne. The main thing was states that have no income tax......NV, WY, TN

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Meh. No different than here. Also, doing mortgages throughout the country, there really is no escaping them on newer built homes. I hate HOA's, but I'm also looking at newer homes. Some in Summerlin aren't too bad. These two homes, for instance, aren't in the ~$500/mo range.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/10412-Mansion-Hills-Ave-Las-Vegas-NV-89144/6916256_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2951-Reverence-Heights-Ln-Las-Vegas-NV-89138/304916857_zpid/

On the flip side, I am also looking at parts of Wyoming and dig what they have out there around Cheyenne. The main thing was states that have no income tax......NV, WY, TN

I would love to live in Wyoming but holyshit that place gets cold in the winter.

44 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I would love to live in Wyoming but holyshit that place gets cold in the winter.

That's the variable....if it's possible having grown up and only lived in San Diego, IE, and OC to live in that environment. I love KC, but the running joke is once I shovel snow I'm going to immediately think, "What the hell are you doing here?" Cheyenne is only about an hour north of Denver, so the elevation and cold is definitely there....but so is the snowboarding. I can handle the cold as I used to snowboard a ton and went in on a vacation spot up in Big Bear and was up there regularly during the cold. Same with all my time in KC during the winters and snow, you just get used to it and it becomes a norm during those times of year.

Besides, it will be rad to somewhat go off the grid.

I've been coming up with my pros and cons list, but come on son. This type of shit is dope:

38a2a70e7206db50030f179c0bacc4bb-uncropp

5acd0e0b63d14911b2b47622903a0c0e-uncropp

c03c76de8cc2e4075170135707eac04c-uncropp

d522ce0bb68f7e7b4834ed49cb712421-uncropp

Edited by Brandon

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

When we relocated, the lack of income tax was a major incentive. We also looked at Florida and Texas.

With respect to the winter obviously it was a concern for me also, growing up and living in So. Cal. most of my life. But after being here a few years I found that I actually like the cold weather in winter. I'll get out and walk the dog in the morning even if it's 20 degrees. Dog doesn't care either. Just have to wear a couple layers. Married guys have to worry about their wife being able to handle it but it hasn't been a problem for us. Here the kids run around in shorts and t-shirts when it's 40 degrees.

Here in the Boise area it gets cold but we don't get much snow. The local mountains get enough though that we have a nice ski area close by. Maybe you have to get out and shovel a bit. I've posted pics before here's another one from 12/31/2021:

20211231_134949.thumb.jpg.01a08249b826073bfc9521367a4ba8be.jpg

Another thing about having four seasons. As you can see in the photo, in the winter all the plants sort of die but not really, the trees lose their leaves etc. In the spring it's an explosion of new growth, sort of a renewal. Here's the back yard in May:

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

May want to look at states that have no sales tax also.  Income tax you can do a Trump on.  Sales tax though, everything you buy has that, you just can't get away from it.  

59 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

When we relocated, the lack of income tax was a major incentive. We also looked at Florida and Texas.

It's funny, I'd rather do the cold than the humidity. I looked at Texas quite some time ago...maybe a couple years ago. I had friends in Austin, some employees in San Antonio, and knew a bunch out in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. But just the humidity in KC has me not interested in that lifestyle. I can do dry heat and wouldn't be surprised if Vegas is the spot when all is said and done. I still have a bunch of friends out there like Derek that used to post here and I keep in touch with him along with our poker friends.

30 minutes ago, Jay said:

With respect to the winter obviously it was a concern for me also, growing up and living in So. Cal. most of my life. But after being here a few years I found that I actually like the cold weather in winter. I'll get out and walk the dog in the morning even if it's 20 degrees. Dog doesn't care either. Just have to wear a couple layers. Married guys have to worry about their wife being able to handle it but it hasn't been a problem for us. Here the kids run around in shorts and t-shirts when it's 40 degrees.

Here in the Boise area it gets cold but we don't get much snow. The local mountains get enough though that we have a nice ski area close by. Maybe you have to get out and shovel a bit. I've posted pics before here's another one from 12/31/2021:

20211231_134949.thumb.jpg.01a08249b826073bfc9521367a4ba8be.jpg

Another thing about having four seasons. As you can see in the photo, in the winter all the plants sort of die but not really, the trees lose their leaves etc. In the spring it's an explosion of new growth, sort of a renewal. Here's the back yard in May:

Nice! I think you said you're around Eagle, correct? I looked there, too.....think I may have even mentioned that here or talked to you when I did last year or so. I did a ton of business out there and a girl I was seeing was out there a lot....so it was on the radar. Beautiful area and getting to know all my customers it was great and would have kind of had built in friends. They gave me the run down. Plus, there were a ton of CA transplants.

Agreed on the winters, cold, and snow. I learned even out here when I'd snowboard in a t-shirt. When it's snowing or really cold I just throw on a hoodie to walk the dog out there. It's not really what Californians think of. However, the driving is a learning curve, but that's about it.

32 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

May want to look at states that have no sales tax also.  Income tax you can do a Trump on.  Sales tax though, everything you buy has that, you just can't get away from it.  

Yeah, my CPA does his magic and has since I was 16. There aren't any states I'd consider that don't have sales tax. I looked at OR with an ex many years ago, but we passed. MT would be dope, though.

37 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

On the bright side, you can get a polluting manly snowblower to clear your driveways and sidewalks that will be illegal to do in Calolfornia in a few years.

And they are fun to use! I know for my aunt’s place it’s needed as she had one of the longest driveways I’ve ever seen. Ironically, I didn’t use the blower and did all this in January with a shovel since the gym I go to out there was closed for the snow, so I did this as the workout. KC gets some snow.

Not sure if the pic will do justice, but it goes down to the street just before the school across the street. Took me like two and a half hours.

A2A6B917-5544-4111-824B-C0701A2564AB.jpeg