• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Damn. :-(

22 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

always thought dodger dogs were gross.  what's the point of it sticking so far out of the bun?  And the texture is mushy.  Bleh.  

The wiener itself is worse then what the angels have.  Or at least it use to be.  I haven’t been out there since they got rid of Farmer John  

Edited by UndertheHalo

11 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Hot Dougs was the best until he closed shop but I read they opened up in Wrigley Park with a limited menu. I don't think any ballpark can touch that.

that was a sad day.  5 mins from my in laws.  

Weiner Circle is great but not your classic chicago dog.  

Speaking of which, there was a great place in Corona called Hotdog Shoppe. Dude was from Chicago and did all sorts of concoctions from the classics to pastrami dogs, Mac and cheese dogs, and Frito chili cheese dogs, etc. He also had the hookup on Chicago based brews if you're a beer drinker......he used to get the hard to find/lottery luck Goose Island Bourbon County all the time. Great place if you're in the area.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Speaking of which, there was a great place in Corona called Hotdog Shoppe. Dude was from Chicago and did all sorts of concoctions from the classics to pastrami dogs, Mac and cheese dogs, and Frito chili cheese dogs, etc. He also had the hookup on Chicago based brews if you're a beer drinker......he used to get the hard to find/lottery luck Goose Island Bourbon County all the time. Great place if you're in the area.

I’ll have to try it again. I liked it but didn’t like it enough to frequent it. 

I love myself a good wiener but I've never had a good experience with one at a ballgame, they're always so dissapointing. Even when I've paid more for the brats, the bun is cold or something is always wrong. They used to sell the doyer dogs at the grocery store but they were straight up garbage, never understood why they were so popular for as long as they were.

Kroger sells these brisket wieners, they're like $4 for a pack of 5 and they are downright delicious. Good size too, nice and girthy, better taste than Ball Parks or Farmer John's (not hard to do) and even better than the Hebrews or Nathan's IMO.

Someday I hope to make it to New York just to go to Papaya King wiener because I heard they are the best, but other than that I have no interest stepping foot in New York but to try a wiener and maybe a slice of pizza lol.

13 hours ago, Stradling said:

I’ll have to try it again. I liked it but didn’t like it enough to frequent it. 

I liked it, but at the same time, I'm not a big hotdog person. I wouldn't use my opinion as a barometer. I just liked everything I tried and also had great experiences there (but that is easy as the owner grew up wrestling and also wrestled for a solid school in PA during college, so we would talk about wrestling all the time)

It's also been 10 years since I was there. Things may have changed. It just stands out to me as a hotdog join that I really liked, which is a rarity.