• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Minasian's media availability quotes

mmc

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Exactly.  I continue to be baffled by why some people here seem to go out of their way to find things to object to when it comes to him.

I mean we do know what’s going on here - but we don’t need to get into all that.  Who cares.   This series of posts being mad at him are particularly silly tho. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

26 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean we do know what’s going on here - but we don’t need to get into all that.  Who cares.   This series of posts being mad at him are particularly silly tho. 

These are the same folks who think the media is too easy on a certain sunglasses-wearing public figure.

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

While I'd agree with increasing Payroll, really they just need to get lucky in free agency with some small additions, and it would be worth the same as a big addition.

LF, RHH 1B/3B utility guy not named Duffy, re-signing Lorenzen, and two SOLID late innings relievers would be a good push in the right direction.

Adell does need to spend the first half of 2023 at SLC to continue the defense improvements and retool his swing and plate approach like Rengifo did.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Still think it's weird that they're going to go through with this, but whatever!  There are definitely bigger challenges facing the team...

Pujols can and probably will opt out. It's entirely up to him if he wants the spare pocket change. 

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Pujols can and probably will opt out. It's entirely up to him if he wants the spare pocket change. 

You know Albert. He probably expects this to mean he has to show up at the stadium once a year and return Arte's phone calls in a timely manner. Anything beyond that and he'll think he's being disrespected.

Minasian, who at the beginning of the seasons said he believed Adell was ready, said he still has faith in the former top prospect.

“He’s 23 years old. And I think sometimes we have to check ourselves,” Minasian said. “The one thing I was really impressed with Jo is his maturation over the course of the year. Handling some failure. The work ethic is incredible.

“He wants to be really good. And it’s in there. And we’re going to pull it out of him.”

Minasian said the team had a meeting with him, as they do with every player. And he believes Adell understands what’s at stake and will have a good offseason.

“Max is the last person I worry about in terms of work,” Minasian said. “For that position — obviously you’d love to have offense, defense, the whole package. But very few guys can do both. He can. He’s shown it.

“Jared Walsh was hurt. I really feel like he wasn’t right all year. … I give him a lot of credit for posting as much as he did. … Do I expect those guys to have better years? Absolutely.”

Minasian defended some of his bullpen acquisitions — Aaron Loup and Ryan Tepera. He said they didn’t have unbelievable years, but noted that the years also weren’t bad.

“I don’t think they were disasters by any stretch,” Minasian said. “Both had really good second halves, the last two months.”

He added that the team traded Raisel Iglesias to free up the team financially.

He also said he expects there to be internal improvement from the bullpen. Andrew Wantz and Jimmy Herget were two players he said really showed improvement this season.

“As our system improves and as we graduate to higher levels, I think we’ll see more and more talented guys that can help us at the big-league level,” Minasian said.

Minasian said the team will look to improve the bullpen and didn’t rule out trying to acquire an established closer.

Just now, mmc said:

“Max is the last person I worry about in terms of work,” Minasian said. “For that position — obviously you’d love to have offense, defense, the whole package. But very few guys can do both. He can. He’s shown it.

“Jared Walsh was hurt. I really feel like he wasn’t right all year. … I give him a lot of credit for posting as much as he did. … Do I expect those guys to have better years? Absolutely.”

Stassi's defense was down this year, along with his offense.  Sure, he had one year (plus the weird pseudo year of 2020) in which he was a plus offensively and defensively--but that seems to be the outlier, not the standard.  I still have a feeling that O'Hoppe will get significant time behind the plate next year.

15 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm sorry that he hurt you.  I can recommend some counseling resources to help you get over what is clearly a deeply personal issue that will require some time and effort to get through.

Oh OK.  If I think somebody is kind of lame at what they do, it is because I am “hurt” and it’s a “deep personal issue.”

OK.  Nice try.  But sincerely, I am sorry I hurt you and you have a deep personal issue with me that requires some time and effort to get through.

1 hour ago, mmc said:

Minasian, who at the beginning of the seasons said he believed Adell was ready, said he still has faith in the former top prospect.

“He’s 23 years old. And I think sometimes we have to check ourselves,” Minasian said. “The one thing I was really impressed with Jo is his maturation over the course of the year. Handling some failure. The work ethic is incredible.

“He wants to be really good. And it’s in there. And we’re going to pull it out of him.”

Minasian said the team had a meeting with him, as they do with every player. And he believes Adell understands what’s at stake and will have a good offseason.

1 hour ago, mmc said:

1 hour ago, mmc said:

Minasian defended some of his bullpen acquisitions — Aaron Loup and Ryan Tepera. He said they didn’t have unbelievable years, but noted that the years also weren’t bad.

“I don’t think they were disasters by any stretch,” Minasian said. “Both had really good second halves, the last two months.”

He added that the team traded Raisel Iglesias to free up the team financially.

He also said he expects there to be internal improvement from the bullpen. Andrew Wantz and Jimmy Herget were two players he said really showed improvement this season.

“As our system improves and as we graduate to higher levels, I think we’ll see more and more talented guys that can help us at the big-league level,” Minasian said.

Minasian said the team will look to improve the bullpen and didn’t rule out trying to acquire an established closer.

Oh FFS.  

Translation.  I'm not doing shit for LF.  Or 1b.  Or C.  Or in the pen.  This sounds like a guy who's already prepping the fans for limited spending.  

6 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

LF, RHH 1B/3B utility guy not named Duffy, re-signing Lorenzen, and two SOLID late innings relievers would be a good push in the right direction.

Adell does need to spend the first half of 2023 at SLC to continue the defense improvements and retool his swing and plate approach like Rengifo did.

Spot on, completely agree.