• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Minasian's media availability quotes

mmc

He pretty much didn’t say anything, which is why I didn’t tweet any of it. There was nothing that couldn’t wait for the story.

I didn’t expect much in terms of committing to what his plans are. But I thought he was good about accepting responsibility for what didn’t work last year. 

But this is just Day 1. It’s gonna be a long winter and there will be many more stories. 

10 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

He pretty much didn’t say anything, which is why I didn’t tweet any of it. There was nothing that couldn’t wait for the story.

I didn’t expect much in terms of committing to what his plans are. But I thought he was good about accepting responsibility for what didn’t work last year. 

But this is just Day 1. It’s gonna be a long winter and there will be many more stories. 

Jeff, how soon do you think it will be before we make a decision on the coaching staff?  Do you think we will know by the end of the postseason who of our current group is returning?

I know I've been bitching about the lack of depth on offense as well as the pen, but the one spot I hope they don't completely cheap on is another SP.  It actually plays into my depth argument I guess in that I don't want to see a huge innings burden placed on the top four guys.  Plus I think it would have an impact on the pen.  

I guess my mind would change a bit if I could trust some good news on guys like CR and Canning.  But I think by the time we know that it'll be too late and the worthwhile adds will be gone.  

Lorenzen would be ok although kinda meh from an excitement standpoint.  Then someone better than duffy who can cover our butts at 1b and LF.  A replacement level C.  And a pen arm in that 3-4 mil range.  That would be my bare min.  If there's more money to spend than that then I'd rather go for better players at each of the first two spots I mentioned than adding some meh MIF for a few mil.  

12 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

I know I've been bitching about the lack of depth on offense as well as the pen, but the one spot I hope they don't completely cheap on is another SP.  It actually plays into my depth argument I guess in that I don't want to see a huge innings burden placed on the top four guys.  Plus I think it would have an impact on the pen.  

I guess my mind would change a bit if I could trust some good news on guys like CR and Canning.  But I think by the time we know that it'll be too late and the worthwhile adds will be gone.  

Lorenzen would be ok although kinda meh from an excitement standpoint.  Then someone better than duffy who can cover our butts at 1b and LF.  A replacement level C.  And a pen arm in that 3-4 mil range.  That would be my bare min.  If there's more money to spend than that then I'd rather go for better players at each of the first two spots I mentioned than adding some meh MIF for a few mil.  

So Syndergaard, Mancini, Thaiss, and Corey Knebel/Archie Bradley?

20 hours ago, mmc said:

Minasian defended some of his bullpen acquisitions — Aaron Loup and Ryan Tepera. He said they didn’t have unbelievable years, but noted that the years also weren’t bad.

“I don’t think they were disasters by any stretch,” Minasian said. “Both had really good second halves, the last two months.”

He added that the team traded Raisel Iglesias to free up the team financially.

He also said he expects there to be internal improvement from the bullpen. Andrew Wantz and Jimmy Herget were two players he said really showed improvement this season.

“As our system improves and as we graduate to higher levels, I think we’ll see more and more talented guys that can help us at the big-league level,” Minasian said.

Minasian said the team will look to improve the bullpen and didn’t rule out trying to acquire an established closer.

Lmao

18 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I don’t know. They spent a long time doing it last year, so don’t hold your breath. 

But that process got halted by the lockout, so one would expect it’d be a quicker process than last year.

19 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

But I thought he was good about accepting responsibility for what didn’t work last year. 

IIRC, he already accepted responsibility for that when he spoke with the media around the trade deadline.

Him accepting responsibility is nice, but I’d rather hear him say that they’re gonna make changes in an effort to make sure that doesn’t happen again. Of course there’s no guarantee that those changes will work, but I’d like the reassurance that they’re evaluating their processes to see what did/didn’t go wrong. Cause if they don’t say that, for all I know, they may not be changing their processes.

17 hours ago, Trendon said:

IIRC, he already accepted responsibility for that when he spoke with the media around the trade deadline.

Him accepting responsibility is nice, but I’d rather hear him say that they’re gonna make changes in an effort to make sure that doesn’t happen again. Of course there’s no guarantee that those changes will work, but I’d like the reassurance that they’re evaluating their processes to see what did/didn’t go wrong. Cause if they don’t say that, for all I know, they may not be changing their processes.

I think if he acknowledges the decisions were wrong that sort of implies they will do something different. 

5 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think if he acknowledges the decisions were wrong that sort of implies they will do something different. 

I guess, but I think you need to do a better sell job to a devoted fan base who has tons of built up anger.

You’re not giving away any secrets or intel by saying you will do something different.

5 hours ago, Trendon said:

I guess, but I think you need to do a better sell job to a devoted fan base who has tons of built up anger.

You’re not giving away any secrets or intel by saying you will do something different.

He might not even know his budget yet.  So it could be different cheaper.  Or there's a chance it might not be much different at all.  There's probably at least a reasonable chance that re-signing Lorenzen and Duffy might be about it.  

But I agree with Jeff.  Saying he didn't do a good job implies he's gonna make some changes.  I still think the roster had a ton of Maddon influence this year.  The changes might end up being pretty subtle but they'll be there.  

9 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

He might not even know his budget yet.  So it could be different cheaper.  Or there's a chance it might not be much different at all.  There's probably at least a reasonable chance that re-signing Lorenzen and Duffy might be about it.  

The changes I’m talking about have nothing to do with budget.

They need to make changes to better enhance their evaluation process/systems, which extends from trades down to waiver claims and minor league free agents.

If you can properly identify undervalued 0-3 players, you can improve your team without spending any money.

15 hours ago, Trendon said:

I think if he gets specific on what went wrong or what they’ll do differently he would either be throwing his employees under the bus or tipping off the competition to how they’re going to make decisions going forward. 

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

He’s a gamer. He has mound presence. I wouldn’t be surprised if he find a couple more mph as he gets further removed from TJS. 

I liked him before he was traded. The stolen bases thing is an odd issue he has performance wise—but I don’t like him after the comments he made about the team and their media presence.