• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Rangers @ Angels (10/01/22): Suarez on the mound

2 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Soto plays SS, Rengifo could move to 2B or LF. If he moves to 2B Fletcher to SS, and Soto sits or Rengifo moves to LF and Adell sits.

That's a whole lot of fucking around to put an infielder in the outfield where he doesn't belong and still, Rendon plays 3rd. 

1 hour ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Who sits once Rendon returns on Monday, Soto, or Adell?

He'll only be back for 3 games max. My guess is they play him Monday, give him Tuesday off, and then play him Wednesday.

Maybe they give Fletcher a day off one of those days (since he's just back from the IL) and then stick Rengifo in the OF the other day.

Well, if there's one thing we learned the last couple of weeks, the improvement Soto showed in his age 22 season at Rocket City was not a fluke. Obviously, he's just red hot right now, but if he can eventually put up anywhere near .270 BA and .350 OBP that would be a big boost to the offense, and a big cost savings too.

48 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Soto plays SS, Rengifo could move to 2B or LF. If he moves to 2B Fletcher to SS, and Soto sits or Rengifo moves to LF and Adell sits.

Personally ....I’d say they’re giving Rengifo a look at corner outfield positions because he has shown he can hit, and that he can be an everyday player, and that he can do it from both sides of the plate.  Some say he doesn’t belong out there but I say he could pull it off.  I think he could outplay Adell in left field right now.  

We have options in the infield.  And depth.  If Soto pans out and Rendon and Fletcher stay healthy next season why would you leave a proven bat like Rengifo’s out of the lineup? 

If it was my call I’d give the left field spot to Rengifo next season.  I’d tell him it’s his job to lose.  It keeps his bat in the lineup, it eliminates the need for everybody’s “dream platoon” of Adell and Moniak 😂....(which opens another roster spot).

(let both those guys go please)

Rengifo’s numbers offensively have been pretty darn good.  It’s not easy to find a .270 hitter these days and I think he can beat those numbers next season.  He’s got some pop in his bat as well.  Runs well.  

He brings far more value to the ball club than Adell or Moniak (or both).  Rengifo can fit into a lot of slots defensively.  That’s why I believe they’re giving him a look in the outfield right now.  I may be wrong, but if that IS the reason then I agree with the move.  

I say it needs to happen. 

11 hours ago, Just Sayin said:

Personally ....I’d say they’re giving Rengifo a look at corner outfield positions because he has shown he can hit, and that he can be an everyday player, and that he can do it from both sides of the plate.  Some say he doesn’t belong out there but I say he could pull it off.  I think he could outplay Adell in left field right now.  

We have options in the infield.  And depth.  If Soto pans out and Rendon and Fletcher stay healthy next season why would you leave a proven bat like Rengifo’s out of the lineup? 

If it was my call I’d give the left field spot to Rengifo next season.  I’d tell him it’s his job to lose.  It keeps his bat in the lineup, it eliminates the need for everybody’s “dream platoon” of Adell and Moniak 😂....(which opens another roster spot).

(let both those guys go please)

Rengifo’s numbers offensively have been pretty darn good.  It’s not easy to find a .270 hitter these days and I think he can beat those numbers next season.  He’s got some pop in his bat as well.  Runs well.  

He brings far more value to the ball club than Adell or Moniak (or both).  Rengifo can fit into a lot of slots defensively.  That’s why I believe they’re giving him a look in the outfield right now.  I may be wrong, but if that IS the reason then I agree with the move.  

I say it needs to happen. 

He’s been consistent too, only one poor month out of five since the call up in early May.