• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What games do you play?

Steve1981

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2022 at 8:09 PM, Steve1981 said:

Hello everybody. Just curious, what games do people play in their spare time? I'll go first:
Destiny 2
Dead By Daylight
TMNT: Cowabunga Edition AND Shredders Revenge
Fall Guys

Just to name a few.

I’ve been playing Borderlands 3 and I did a play through of Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands but I just couldn’t get that much into it. I’ll play some Call of Duty every once in a while but that franchise is doomed at this point 

I have scaled back a lot over the last couple years. I was playing Outriders with my sons. A Polish game that was translated to English so all of the cut scenes are a little loose on lip sync. After you complete the storyline it's all about grinding for superior armor, skills and weapons. Not a big fan of grinding the same mission over and over. The playstyle is third person shooter. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been playing game from 2019 called Outer Wilds. It's become one of my favorite games of all time. It's an open world space exploration game that is a little like Myst. 

It's best to go in totally blind. Even the Wikipedia description spoils a major plot point in the game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2023 at 1:05 PM, Taylor said:

I've been playing game from 2019 called Outer Wilds. It's become one of my favorite games of all time. It's an open world space exploration game that is a little like Myst. 

It's best to go in totally blind. Even the Wikipedia description spoils a major plot point in the game.

Too bad it isn't available for Game Pass. I just downloaded Skyrim (All Bethesda games are on their) for Xbox One and am going to play that one again. I put about 200+ hours into the original one about 10 years ago so I'll just do it again but with a different character

36 minutes ago, Jason said:

Too bad it isn't available for Game Pass. I just downloaded Skyrim (All Bethesda games are on their) for Xbox One and am going to play that one again. I put about 200+ hours into the original one about 10 years ago so I'll just do it again but with a different character

Bummer, Outer Wilds just left Game Pass a couple weeks ago.

When Skyrim first came out I put easily 150+ hours into it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2023 at 8:43 AM, Jason said:

I have been a Call of Duty player since Call of Duty 3 but Cold War was the last title I played. The multiplayer is no longer fun with skill based match making 

I hear this from a lot of people, and I think it's pretty true. Unfortunately I'm not sure if going back is the right move either. The skill based system is there to try and balance out your enjoyment of the game... if you are winning too much it will make you lose, and if you are losing too much it will make you win. This keeps newer, crappier players sticking around and prevents them from getting frustrated and quitting the game. Unfortunately it also means that if you aren't in top form, or just want to mess around, you are going to get wrecked for awhile.

Some of the fun of older online games was getting good at the game, going online and just destroying noobs, lol... An all time great gaming experience that is lost to time.

My sons and I have been setting aside Saturday afternoons to play Golf with your Friends on steam. It's a silly mini golf game that can be fun and frustrating from hole to hole. There are completely annoying mods you can turn on like collision. You can hit or be hit by your opponents ball which can knock you off the course or bounce you to a position where you have no shot at the flag. There are ant hills from hell, gravity changes, portal, black holes, courses that you can use a jet pack and if you drop in the water you can possibly bounce yourself out back into play.

32 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I hear this from a lot of people, and I think it's pretty true. Unfortunately I'm not sure if going back is the right move either. The skill based system is there to try and balance out your enjoyment of the game... if you are winning too much it will make you lose, and if you are losing too much it will make you win. This keeps newer, crappier players sticking around and prevents them from getting frustrated and quitting the game. Unfortunately it also means that if you aren't in top form, or just want to mess around, you are going to get wrecked for awhile.

Some of the fun of older online games was getting good at the game, going online and just destroying noobs, lol... An all time great gaming experience that is lost to time.

While this is totally true, I remember the earlier versions of the game having ranked play which was pretty much skill based play. They could always bring that back to appease the noob stompers. 

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

While this is totally true, I remember the earlier versions of the game having ranked play which was pretty much skill based play. They could always bring that back to appease the noob stompers. 

They could, though separating out the skill based match making into rank vs non-ranked has some issues. With two separate groups you have increased wait time for matchmaking. Plus you are likely to see the best players flock to unranked play which will make it harder to find even matchups in ranked play.

I don't think there are good solutions to this, but I do think the best answer is tweaking their matchmaking algorithms to try and better align with what players actually enjoy about online games.

• 10 months later...
On 10/14/2022 at 1:35 PM, Blarg said:

I have scaled back a lot over the last couple years. I was playing Outriders with my sons. A Polish game that was translated to English so all of the cut scenes are a little loose on lip sync. After you complete the storyline it's all about grinding for superior armor, skills and weapons. Not a big fan of grinding the same mission over and over. The playstyle is third person shooter. 

Outriders was the  shit going through the storyline a couple times. They dropped the ball on turning it into a service type game or maintaining an end-game so I guess we wont be getting a sequel, but the story mode is worth a playthrough for sure.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...