• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels select Mike Ford, recall Matt Thaiss, place Jared Walsh on 10-day IL (thoracic outlet syndrome), DFA Phil Gosselin, add multiple players to taxi squad for Toronto

rafibomb

I like this move, considering that the Angels season is sunk, there aren’t that many great options at AAA, and it’s just for a few games.

Aguilar has been awesome in AA, and I’m sure he’s had an impact on some of the Angels young hitting prospects there. Plus he grew up as an Angels fan and is a local kid.

Make the kid’s dream come true and provide a nice story. Also, I’d imagine stuff like this helps make the Angels a more appealing destination for minor league free agents in the offseason.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Why Ward?

just basing the guess off the fact that they are calling up Aguilar, who is an outfielder.

If Trout was gonna miss the Toronto series, I think we would've heard about it by now. Lesser players like Adell and Sierra are more likely to be vaxxed because it hurts them more to miss a series and the pay check that comes with it.

7 minutes ago, mmc said:

Ford, Thaiss, Wallach, and Duggar all out of the lineup for the Bees.  Possible indication of who is coming up.

While I don't think it's likely, that many potential call-ups being out of Salt Lake's lineup makes me wonder if the Angels have a ton of players going on the restricted list.

It'd also help explain why they are dipping into AA and recalling Aguilar.

• mmc changed the title to Angels select Mike Ford, recall Matt Thaiss
4 minutes ago, mmc said:

Gosselin has truly been terrible....he wasn't bad last year but no reason to  keep him around now.....you kind of wonder why they haven't recalled Duffy...he might not be eligible yet to  come off of the IL yet.....

• mmc changed the title to Angels select Mike Ford, recall Matt Thaiss, place Jared Walsh on 10-day IL, DFA Phil Gosselin
  • mmc changed the title to Angels select Mike Ford, recall Matt Thaiss, place Jared Walsh on 10-day IL (thoracic outlet syndrome), DFA Phil Gosselin, add multiple players to taxi squad for Toronto
1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

If that's so then i don't imagine calling people up as COVID replacements would start their service clock right? Would they still need to be on 40man? 

Yes, they will be added to the 40 man, as the unvaccinated will clear spots for them when placed on the Restricted List