• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Los Angeles Angels Starting Pitching Next Year

Docwaukee

I would say that we have a solid foundation with where our pitching is. If I were to rank them by spot in the roation

1. Othani

2. Sandy

3.--------------

4. Detmers

5.-----------

6. Suarez

We have 4 spots filled and need the other 2 spots to be filled. lets looks at our depth/uncertainty part of the Rotation;

1. Canning

2. C-Rod

3. Silseth

4. Bush

5. Buchman

6. Erla

7. Davis 

8. Kerry

9. Semenris 

Overall we both have a solid foundation and depth in the system. There is risk, and I do believe there is risk and that we do need to sign one starter at the minimal in free agency (Will get to this on later).But the Depth is solid, of the 9 depth pieces, 5 have good upsides, and also risk. Now regarding the free agency, Personally if we're going to spend and it'll depend   on the status of ownership, but I rather us go big on a front of the rotation arm. 

piggybacking off @Vlad27Trout27's post, this is how I'd look at next year's rotation:

1. Ohtani.

2. Sandoval

3. (Insert Trade/FA)

4. Detmers

5. (Insert Trade/FA)

6. Suarez

-----------------

Depth SP Options: Davidson, Junk, Silseth, Daniel, Bush, Erla, Bachman.

SP Options, Pending Health: Canning, Rodriguez, Rosenberg, Diaz.

A lot of folks seem to assume the Angels won't be sold until deep into the offseason, or next year. Why is that? I would think a sale could go down soonish and be announced as soon as the offseason starts, which would give new ownership the full offseason to do normal signings. 

Edited by Angelsjunky

5 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

A lot of folks seem to assume the Angels won't be sold until deep into the offseason, or next year. Why is that? I would think a sale could go down soonish and be announced as soon as the offseason starts, which would give new ownership the full offseason to do normal signings.

because the sale of an MLB team is a multiple-month, if not year-long, process.

If you look at the past timelines for MLB teams being sold, it takes 6+ months at least.

The Mets took over a year.

The Nats have been for sale since the beginning of the season and still don't have a buyer.

1 minute ago, Trendon said:

because the sale of an MLB team is a multiple-month, if not year-long, process.

If you look at the past timelines for MLB teams being sold, it takes 6+ months at least.

The Mets took over a year.

The Nats have been for sale since the beginning of the season and still don't have a buyer.

Sure, but maybe Arte is already in talks? I guess we'll just have to see, but if what you speculate is true, then we're likely not going to see any big moves this offseason, barring a possible Ohtani extension. But I don't think Shohei will extend until new ownership comes in, and only if he likes what they do. 

So yeah, I can see how people feel that Arte is screwing the Angels fan-base as he runs out the door.

That said, if I'm interested in buying the Angels, I want the deal done not far into the offseason so I have a chance to revamp the team for next year, especially given Shohei's status. Meaning, if the Angels aren't further along in the process than they've let on, a deal might not be finalized for some time, and be less than what Arte wants because Shohei likely won't stick around. 

All of which brings me back to the point that any interested party, and thus Arte himself, would want this deal to happen sooner than later, if only because of Shohei.

6 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

No, this team in it's 7th straight losing season. Ohtani most talented player ever to play this game. He wants to play on a winning team. He may be on Angels in 2023 but after that he will test free agency. This team has so many needs. I hope new ownership gives this team some sort of direction as last 7 years have not worked. Arte saves 25 to 30 million by trading him. 

Appearantly people misunderstood my post.

How much is the Angels franchise worth with Ohtani v without Ohtani. 

If I am buying the team I would want Ohtani on contract and give me a chance to extend him.

10 hours ago, stormngt said:

Appearantly people misunderstood my post.

How much is the Angels franchise worth with Ohtani v without Ohtani. 

If I am buying the team I would want Ohtani on contract and give me a chance to extend him.

It will depend how long it takes for new ownership to take over. If it's over 12 months Ohtani will be in free agency. Ohtani will be seeking 50 million a year.

11 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

That said, if I'm interested in buying the Angels, I want the deal done not far into the offseason so I have a chance to revamp the team for next year, especially given Shohei's status. Meaning, if the Angels aren't further along in the process than they've let on, a deal might not be finalized for some time, and be less than what Arte wants because Shohei likely won't stick around. 

All of which brings me back to the point that any interested party, and thus Arte himself, would want this deal to happen sooner than later, if only because of Shohei.

If Ohtani tells you he is going to test free agency, do you trade him?

19 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I would say that we have a solid foundation with where our pitching is. If I were to rank them by spot in the roation

1. Othani

2. Sandy

3.--------------

4. Detmers

5.-----------

6. Suarez

We have 4 spots filled and need the other 2 spots to be filled. lets looks at our depth/uncertainty part of the Rotation;

1. Canning

2. C-Rod

3. Silseth

4. Bush

5. Buchman

6. Erla

7. Davis 

8. Kerry

9. Semenris 

Overall we both have a solid foundation and depth in the system. There is risk, and I do believe there is risk and that we do need to sign one starter at the minimal in free agency (Will get to this on later).But the Depth is solid, of the 9 depth pieces, 5 have good upsides, and also risk. Now regarding the free agency, Personally if we're going to spend and it'll depend   on the status of ownership, but I rather us go big on a front of the rotation arm. 

You could add Davidson to that mix also.

19 hours ago, Tank said:

if i'm selling my house, i'm going to fix it up so i can get more money from any buyers that stop by to take a look. 

Definitely - the value of this franchise will be much different with Ohtani signed to a long-term deal vs. having traded him or leaving him unsigned.

Bottom-line, Arte will make a *lot* more money if he resigns Ohtani and sells before having too pay him out of his pocket, (or pay him for long.)

1 minute ago, DCAngelsFan said:

Definitely - the value of this franchise will be much different with Ohtani signed to a long-term deal vs. having traded him or leaving him unsigned.

Bottom-line, Arte will make a *lot* more money if he resigns Ohtani and sells before having too pay him out of his pocket, (or pay him for long.)

First, I truly believe Ohtani will test free agency. So, Arte could keep him next year spend 25 to 30 million for Ohtani. He's selling team so he really does not care at this point. So, Ohtani none more year franchise worth more than he leaves value will go down? Team winning value will go up. New owner may want to go the way Tampa does business. Winning baseball with low budget.

16 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

It will take 4 to 12 months or longer.

On 8/26/2022 at 11:00 AM, aznhockeyguy said:

The Angels rotation is pretty solid, not elite but above average, maybe even playoff worthy if the rest of the team wasn't so poor.  Definitely can always use more starters but it's not a priority right now for the Angels.  There's so many other holes that the team needs to address as wopphil stated.   

The Angels have the 6th best pitching staff, 4th best since ALB in the AL. The thing is we also have the 2nd worst offense in the AL.