• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Max Stassi

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Has a player ever had as bad of a game as Max Stassi did last night? 

Stubby McDougle made 5 errors on 1 play and struck out 4 times in 3 at bats back in 1892 for the Wichita Beaver tails. He also broke his leg and then had a heart attack eating some soup later that night.

I dont know if any of this is true because i made it all up...but it sounds like a far worse day than Stassi had.

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

The time in which the catcher receives the ball from the pitches and pops up from his squat position to make the throw to second base. The time in which he pops up, makes the throw and the infielder receives the ball to tag the runner is the pop time. 

Logan O'Hoppe's recent pop time is Pudge Rodriguez, Benito Santiago good. Combine that with his work ethic, baseball smarts, plate discipline and power... we got a really good player for Brandon Marsh who could end up being a 4th outfielder known for his defense down the road. 

Chuck,

Thanks for clarifying this for me.

I appreciate it.

~ArkyAngelsFan~

8 hours ago, totdprods said:

I doubt they're going to pull O'Hoppe away from a playoff-bound team with the arms he's working with there just to get a look in meaningless September games with a staff that will change a good bit over the winter. 

He does need to be added to the 40-man this winter though to protect from R5, so there's a chance. 

Protecting him on the 40 man roster this off season won't be hard, I have a feeling there will be plenty of vacancies created by dismissals.

33 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

My first instinct reading this was that it's because he's Asian, and everything is made in China. And I nodded my head and said "yeah, probably"

Then I realized that's not what you meant.

My first instinct is that since he was born in Hawaii, it has nothing to do with China, so maybe he doesn't make those plays, lol!....so confusing.

Everything got screwed up in the ninth inning, shit happens, no one performs perfectly.  Yeah Stassi is having a bad year, and I think he feels like shit for it.  He took the blame after the game last night, I heard his comments.  It wasn't only Stassi though, Loup fell down trying to cover home, Walsh had to try to cover first base, then realized things were not going well at home and tried to back it up, but too late.  Also before those plays Santana walked on 3 balls because the home plate umpire screwed up and lost count, where was Nevin to protest that mistake.  Or why didn't Loup or Stassi protest the home plate umpire's mistake.  And why the hell was Loup even still in the game at that point.  You can't make this much shit up.  At this point in a lost year, better to just laugh about the whole affair.  When the time is appropriate, changes will happen.  As usual, I am sure I will watch the whole circus again tonight, for some sick reason I still enjoy it.