• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Players you want to see get extended looks in the majors for the remainder of the season

mmc

• mmc changed the title to Players you want to see get extended looks in the majors for the remainder of the season

Realistically:

- Give Suarez, Junk, Davidson, and Toussaint extended runs in the rotation. And don't shuttle them back and forth between the majors and minors. Use guys like Diaz, Daniel, and Rosenberg if needed for spot starts/long relief aid. Leave Silseth in AAA to pitch every rotation turn and develop.

- Give Adell and Moniak every day major league playing time in the OF. Live with the struggles, as Sierra/Thomas are nothing more than minor league fliers.

- Platoon Rojas/Gosselin at 3B to take one last look at Rojas. Use Rengifo at 2B, Fletcher at SS, and Velazquez as the defensive replacement.

I've thought a little about this.

1. Anyone but Gosselin at 3B. This just makes me sad. Try Stefanic. Put Thaiss over there for all I care, but just don't waste a developmental opportunity on a journeyman that neither helps you win or improved your future. 

2. Thaiss or Wallach at catcher. The Suzuki era had reached its natural conclusion. Don't drag this out. Let's see what we have. O'Hoppe cracks the team at some point next year and is the starter in 2024 and beyond. But let's see if we have an offensive backup. 

3. Junk in the rotation. He's been excellent in AAA, and he eats innings. He's earned it. 

4. Moniak in the outfield, because I've believed all along that he's been underrated just because of where he was drafted. He's a solid player that can impact the game in some capacity moving forward. 

33 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I've thought a little about this.

1. Anyone but Gosselin at 3B. This just makes me sad. Try Stefanic. Put Thaiss over there for all I care, but just don't waste a developmental opportunity on a journeyman that neither helps you win or improved your future. 

2. Thaiss or Wallach at catcher. The Suzuki era had reached its natural conclusion. Don't drag this out. Let's see what we have. O'Hoppe cracks the team at some point next year and is the starter in 2024 and beyond. But let's see if we have an offensive backup. 

3. Junk in the rotation. He's been excellent in AAA, and he eats innings. He's earned it. 

4. Moniak in the outfield, because I've believed all along that he's been underrated just because of where he was drafted. He's a solid player that can impact the game in some capacity moving forward. 

Agreed.  Stefanic over Gosselin

Everyone over Velasquez 

Release Suzuki (Minasian ties to him he will keep him) bring up Thaiss. Keep Junk in rotation and Davidson put in rotation. Put Moniak in OF and let Adell play every day. I like 7 or 8 potential starters halos have going into 2023. What is sad not many position players ready for trial. Farm system is very weak. Let Quijada close games rest of season. Get rid of that stupid hat when someone hits HR. Give ticket discounts for any military members.