• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Current committed 2023 tax threshold payroll

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

Assuming the Braves pay most of Iglesias’ remaining contract, based on 2022’s total tax threshold payroll being $207 million and subtracting Upton, Thor, Iglesias, Lorenzen, and Bradley, that should leave the Halos about $90 million under the 2023 tax threshold ($233 million)?

They're paying all of it.

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Assuming the Braves pay most of Iglesias’ remaining contract, based on 2022’s total tax threshold payroll being $207 million and subtracting Upton, Thor, Iglesias, Lorenzen, and Bradley, that should leave the Halos about $90 million under the 2023 tax threshold ($233 million)?

They took it all.

4 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

190 mil, that is arte hard cap. 

it's just a cycle again, it's going to be the same bs.

Yup. It’ll leave them with 50 million to spend in the off-season. 
20 million will go to some oft injured pitcher they hope will rebound and the rest will go to an outfielder and a bullpen arm and they will tell us we plan on competing if some things break right. 

wash-rinse-repeat 

Angels Real Payroll:

Rendon 38M, Trout 37?, Loup 7.5, Tepera 7, Stassi, 7, Fletcher 6. TOTAL 102.5

Arbitration Eligible

Ohtani (3rd), Barria (1st), Walsh (1st), Ward (Super 2), Maybe Canning (1), Sandoval (1). Total will be like $30.

Everyone else is under club control.

Edited by Hubs

5 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Yup. It’ll leave them with 50 million to spend in the off-season. 
20 million will go to some oft injured pitcher they hope will rebound and the rest will go to an outfielder and a bullpen arm and they will tell us we plan on competing if some things break right. 

wash-rinse-repeat 

Syndergaard & Trea Turner.

5 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Angels Real Payroll:

Arbitration Eligible

Ohtani (3rd), Barria (1st), Walsh (1st), Ward (Super 2), Maybe Canning (1), Sandoval (1). Total will be like $30.

I think you're way off on the Arb estimate. Mookie got a record 27m in 3rd year arb. Ohtani will possibly get 30m by himself.

1 minute ago, Hubs said:

Syndergaard & Trea Turner.

I have to assume they have learned their lesson about signing guys to long-term deals.  I do not think we will see Turner, Correa, etc.

Hopefully Ohtani will be signed to a large deal, and I really hope the farm can develop.  It takes a few years to see a new front office take over and overhaul the farm, so maybe we'll start to see some of that soon.

Just now, Warfarin said:

I have to assume they have learned their lesson about signing guys to long-term deals.  I do not think we will see Turner, Correa, etc.

Hopefully Ohtani will be signed to a large deal, and I really hope the farm can develop.  It takes a few years to see a new front office take over and overhaul the farm, so maybe we'll start to see some of that soon.

The only way they sign Ohtani before the season is if they go big. He wants to win.

Just now, Warfarin said:

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

2 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I think you're way off on the Arb estimate. Mookie got a record 27m in 3rd year arb. Ohtani will possibly get 30m by himself.

None of the rest of them will get anything over 2.5. Ward probably gets 2.5. The rest are basically 1M players tops. Sandoval I don't think will be eligible, but he could get 2-3. I guess. 

Say 35 then. I was figuring $25 for Ohtani. But forgot about Mookie.

1 minute ago, bloodbrother said:

Bogaerts*

Dodgers let Corey Seager walk in FA because they had Trea Turner at SS. They aren't letting him go IMO

They did, but they also have Gavin Lux and he's an Unrestricted Free Agent. They have Busch in Oklahoma, Taylor signed, Muncy, Etc. It's not a sure thing.

Bogarts, Swanson also options obviously.

10 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Angels Real Payroll:

Arbitration Eligible

https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-resource/payroll/angels

Not entirely updated yet, but close.  I am assuming Ohtani will earn somewhere around 25-30mil alone.  Walsh a few million, Ward a few million (unless he rebounds and has an awesome final two months), Sandoval a few million.  Canning and Barria will get somewhere in the 1-1.5 range, I imagine.

Tabulating all of that, I am thinking we'll be around 145mil in contracts.  Should have significant money to spend, but in all honesty, the biggest issue will be how we can develop minor league talent.  That is what will ultimately determine whether we can be contenders or will continue to flail away.

3 minutes ago, Hubs said:

They did, but they also have Gavin Lux and he's an Unrestricted Free Agent. They have Busch in Oklahoma, Taylor signed, Muncy, Etc. It's not a sure thing.

Bogarts, Swanson also options obviously.

This IMO. Both will get big deals, but neither will get as much as Turner, and the Angels have a ton of other holes to address beyond SS, so going this route makes more sense for them

Just now, bloodbrother said:

This IMO. Both will get big deals, but neither will get as much as Turner, and the Angels have a ton of other holes to address beyond SS, so going this route makes more sense for them

We just drafted a guy with our top pick who we will likely attempt to slot in at SS.  He is starting off in high-A.  I have to imagine we will avoid signing a SS to a huge deal.  This team has far too many holes to spend tons of money at SS.

Just now, Warfarin said:

We just drafted a guy with our top pick who we will likely attempt to slot in at SS.  He is starting off in high-A.  I have to imagine we will avoid signing a SS to a huge deal.  This team has far too many holes to spend tons of money at SS.

He's 2-3 years away minimum. There are holes at both MINF spots. 

Jackson will be up before Neto.