• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout will not be ready to return when eligible to come off the IL

mmc

36 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Trout injured again

Day to day, more like IL

See you in 'tember

Sadly there will not be any reason for him to return in September. 

I think he needs to get in touch with Tom Brady's support team.  They must be looking for employment in the near future.

6 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

:::warning::::not saying this is the case. 

But…his injuries and long recovery times are on par with someone who’s body is breaking down from roids. Muscles and ligaments become brittle over time and recovery takes longer and longer. He’s not barely 30 and he’s recovering like a 50-60 year old.

ils5cnIT6uOHy53JW2dB_jump_the_shark.png

13 hours ago, 79CAAman said:

What I have a problem with is that it’s a ‘phantom’ injury. When did it happen?  I get the thump a few years back, sliding into second base.  You can’t suck it up when you’re making that kind of money? 

I have a problem the term phantom injury. 

16 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

It is sad that Trout's contract is looking questionable this early into it.

Year 1 (2019): Great

Year 2 (2020): Sub-par, but covid. Right?

Year 3 (2021): Played 36 games.

Year 4 (2022): Erratic performance, possibly indicative of decline. Worst two slumps of his career. Has played in 85% of games, which by the time he comes back could be ~80% or less.

I can't wait to see what Years 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 have in store for us.

And we're about to repeat this with Ohtani.

It's also likely that instead of having Trout return being 75% to continue playing for a losing cause, it might be a better scenario for the Angels to wait for Trout to be 100%.  I'm pretty sure that if Trout was playing for a team in contention, he would be on the field sooner.  I'm not worried about Trout's health.  I am worried about Villar and what would happen if he was injured?

14 minutes ago, eligrba said:

It's also likely that instead of having Trout return being 75% to continue playing for a losing cause, it might be a better scenario for the Angels to wait for Trout to be 100%.  I'm pretty sure that if Trout was playing for a team in contention, he would be on the field sooner.  I'm not worried about Trout's health.  I am worried about Villar and what would happen if he was injured?

I remember last year when the thought on Trout was to sit the rest of the year out to get that calf to 100% and be fully healthy for 2022. Trout has been frustrating 

15 hours ago, mmc said:

Personally I’d be shocked if he played again this year

Rinse and repeat next year, and the year after that, and so on. Basically if the team hits any kind of bump by June, even if he's a key reason for said bump, expect some vague rib/gallbladder/spiritual misalignment injury. 

Don Mattingly's career was derailed by a back injury - turning him from a Hall of Famer and one of the best hitters of the 80s to Wally Joyner.

According to Wikipedia, he hurt his back in June of 1987 due to "club-house horseplay," although it seemingly didn't effect his numbers all that uch, though he was a bit down that year (142 wRC+) compared to the three years previous (153, 151, 160). He was a different hitter in 1988, and fell again in 1990 when his injury "flared up" again.

1984-87 (23-26): .337/.381/.560, 152 wRC+, 24.7 WAR, or 6.5 WAR per 162 games

1988-89 (27-28): .307/.352/.470, 125 wRC+, 7.0 WAR or 3.8 WAR per 162 games

1990-95 (29-34): .286/.345/.405, 102 wRC+, 8.8 WAR or 1.9 WAR per 162 games

Or to put that another way, from 1984-87, he was 5th in WAR behind only Boggs, Henderson, Raines, and Ripken; and tied for 3rd in wRC+ with Boggs, behind only Jack Clark and Pedro Guerrero.

From 1988-95, he was 83rd in WAR and 126th in wRC+.

13 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Don Mattingly's career was derailed by a back injury - turning him from a Hall of Famer and one of the best hitters of the 80s to Wally Joyner.

According to Wikipedia, he hurt his back in June of 1987 due to "club-house horseplay," although it seemingly didn't effect his numbers all that uch, though he was a bit down that year (142 wRC+) compared to the three years previous (153, 151, 160). He was a different hitter in 1988, and fell again in 1990 when his injury "flared up" again.

1984-87 (23-26): .337/.381/.560, 152 wRC+, 24.7 WAR, or 6.5 WAR per 162 games

1988-89 (27-28): .307/.352/.470, 125 wRC+, 7.0 WAR or 3.8 WAR per 162 games

1990-95 (29-34): .286/.345/.405, 102 wRC+, 8.8 WAR or 1.9 WAR per 162 games

Or to put that another way, from 1984-87, he was 5th in WAR behind only Boggs, Henderson, Raines, and Ripken; and tied for 3rd in wRC+ with Boggs, behind only Jack Clark and Pedro Guerrero.

From 1988-95, he was 83rd in WAR and 126th in wRC+.

Mikey Baseball

Trout is easily my favorite player, but when can we schedule the vaginal reconstructive surgery? It’s difficult to understand how he’s constantly hurt for extended periods of time over seemingly random injuries. 

im going to venture to guess he has a Torn oblique and they are calling it a rib injury. Cortisone wouldn’t have been used for an injured rib.