• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Mike Trout improving, but still unable to return to lineup

ANAHEIM — The Angels are still waiting for Mike Trout to return, and Trout is still hopeful he can return in time to play in the All-Star Game.

Angels head athletic trainer Mike Frostad gave an update on Trout’s back spasms on Friday afternoon, declaring that Trout is improving and that Tuesday’s All-Star Game at Dodger Stadium is still on the table.

“Yes,” Frostad said. “He wants to play in that game.”

Obviously, it wouldn’t be a great look for the three-time American League MVP to miss the Angels’ final four games of the first half and then play in the All-Star Game, so it’s possible that his availability for that event will become clear after we see if Trout can play on Saturday in the first half finale against the Dodgers.

Trout came out of Tuesday’s game against the Houston Astros and has been out of the starting lineup ever since, although each day Manager Phil Nevin said there was hope for him to play.

Frostad said on Friday that he’s still making progress.

“He’s improving,” Frostad said. “We’re almost at that point where he’s ready to start a game. We just keep doing treatments on him every day and we’re getting closer and closer.”

Frostad also said he’s not sure if this back issue will be something that Trout needs to manage for the rest of the regular season.

“We’re just taking it day by day right now,” Frostad said. “He’s improving and the plan is to get him back in there as soon as we can.”

PARTY HOUSE

Shortstop Andrew Velazquez was a part of the reveal of Major League Baseball’s All-Star House in the Hollywood Hills on Friday.

The house was decked out to host watch parties throughout the weekend. There were batting cages, a DJ and an MLB The Show game room. Velazquez was invited because he lives in the area. He also has an interest in fashion and other areas in which MLB is trying to engage a younger audience.

“It’s a sick venue and setup,” Velazquez said. “I think they are trying to touch on off-the-field, the newer generation of fans baseball, with TikTok and reels.”

Velazquez, who is known around the Angels for his stylish attire, said he would like to get into that arena when he’s done playing.

“I don’t like the term (influencer), but in sports, you have this inherent influence because you have an audience,” Velazquez said. “I’ve thought about that. Hopefully, it’s way down the line.”

NOTES

Although Shohei Ohtani hasn’t spoken to the media yet about his decision to decline a Home Run Derby invitation, Nevin suggested it was a wise choice for Ohtani to reduce his workload. “Go and take a couple of at-bats in the game, whether he pitches or not,” Nevin said. “But the Derby does take a lot out of you. There’s guys who handled it every year and loved doing it. And I know he had a great time last year, but I think he understood the toll it took on his body and he doesn’t want to go through that when we come back.” …

Right-hander Griffin Canning (back) is still “in a holding pattern,” Frostad said, while they wait for his back to heal enough. The Angels still have not tried baseball activity with Canning in nearly two months, since he was shut down. Frostad said Canning’s next evaluation hasn’t been scheduled yet. …

Right-hander Jimmy Herget (right shoulder impingement) has thrown off a mound a couple of times, and he is expected to begin a rehab assignment after the break, Frostad said. …

Infielder David Fletcher (hip surgery) did well in his first three games at Triple-A Salt Lake, Frostad said. He was scheduled to take Friday off before returning to action. The Angels have been planning for Fletcher to return during the first homestand after the break, on July 28.

UP NEXT

Angels (LHP José Suarez, 1-3, 4.79) vs. Dodgers (LHP Julio Urias, 7-6, 3.01), Saturday, 7:07 p.m., Bally Sports West, 830 AM

View the full article

I think Trout needs to go away from muscle building and stay leaner ala Kyle Tucker. Trout is just too big, same goes for Rengifo.  You're prone to more injuries by being more jacked.  How do I know?  I stayed at a Holiday In Express.  But it's true.

Edited by halonatic13