• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread Dodgers @ Angels 7/15/2022 Kershaw vs Sandoval

1 hour ago, Waybackman said:

When do we know that the Angels have hit rock bottom?

This group of baseball players (Ohtani excluded) is special. They have not hit rock bottom. Sadly, there’s many more games to be played to hit some historic lows.

2022 Angels… special group you assembled there, perry

21 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Trout excluded? Ward? Sandoval?

It’s my opinion that Trout has already checked out. Three games for back spasms? They don’t have some Motrin (or better) in the training room?  Three games and very likely four for back spasms. 
Yeah, Sandoval is still going out there and giving an effort. 

Just sad. It's resignation to reality. Beyond anger. It just is what it is. After a hopeful start the illusion has faded and they are playing out the string even before the all star break. 

This needn't have been so bad so fast, but there was never a self correction. Maybe a new full time manager could have done more. But obviously it would have been tough on so many levels getting things in order mid season. 

The next manager will have his work cut out. The culture  keeps getting reset in theory with each change, but nothing improves. 

Quite honestly, maybe the best long term option is to really hit rock bottom completely. No illusions. No pretensions.  Get all you can in prospects for Trout and Ohtani, and prioritize development, coaching, team work, and patience. 

With Trout and Ohtani's combined salary if he stays, it will be harder to build a balanced winning team than starting over without them and letting the young talent grow together. 

43 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

In 56 years as a baseball fan, I have never, eeeever seen a collection of players soooo in need of the ASB.

15-39

12-35

Have to be worst records over similar periods in franchise history.

They’ve mostly flat out QUIT.

They haven’t quit. I just think they aren’t good players 

Just saw the lowlights... and saw Marsh's HR. They STILL did the stupid hat thing despite being down 9-1 in the 9th. If that doesn't tell you the state and mindset of this team... then I don't know what will. They clearly don't know how to read the room or care how the season has been going.

4 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

Just sad. It's resignation to reality. Beyond anger. It just is what it is. After a hopeful start the illusion has faded and they are playing out the string even before the all star break. 

This needn't have been so bad so fast, but there was never a self correction. Maybe a new full time manager could have done more. But obviously it would have been tough on so many levels getting things in order mid season. 

The next manager will have his work cut out. The culture  keeps getting reset in theory with each change, but nothing improves. 

Quite honestly, maybe the best long term option is to really hit rock bottom completely. No illusions. No pretensions.  Get all you can in prospects for Trout and Ohtani, and prioritize development, coaching, team work, and patience. 

With Trout and Ohtani's combined salary if he stays, it will be harder to build a balanced winning team than starting over without them and letting the young talent grow together. 

The problem is almost ANYTHING this organization touches quickly goes to shit. I don't have faith in this team to develop prospects anymore, and I don't have faith that this organization has the ability to recognize talent. There is a disconnect up and down through the organization and it's evident by the product they put on the field. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

They haven’t quit. I just think they aren’t good players 

One glaring thing to point out about the Dodgers: did you notice how they don't really take defensive swings? They wait for their pitch and don't miss it--we don't do that. We're up there hacking at junk, watching pitches down the pipe. Did you notice when they hit the ball, it's solid contact? They drive the ball with authority--we don't do that. We constantly have piddlers that don't go past the mound or soft ground ball outs. 

It comes down to a fundamental approach with our offense combined with lack of talent. I don't know why at some point these guys aren't just going up there and swinging at the best pitch they get no matter the count, because it's the only way this is going to get fixed. 

1 hour ago, TooCool said:

They STILL did the stupid hat thing despite being down 9-1 in the 9th. If that doesn't tell you the state and mindset of this team... then I don't know what will. They clearly don't know how to read the room or care how the season has been going.

I feel like the hat thing should be dropped until this team is .500 or above. 

2 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

The problem is almost ANYTHING this organization touches quickly goes to shit. I don't have faith in this team to develop prospects anymore, and I don't have faith that this organization has the ability to recognize talent. There is a disconnect up and down through the organization and it's evident by the product they put on the field. 

One glaring thing to point out about the Dodgers: did you notice how they don't really take defensive swings? They wait for their pitch and don't miss it--we don't do that. We're up there hacking at junk, watching pitches down the pipe. Did you notice when they hit the ball, it's solid contact? They drive the ball with authority--we don't do that. We constantly have piddlers that don't go past the mound or soft ground ball outs. 

It comes down to a fundamental approach with our offense combined with lack of talent. I don't know why at some point these guys aren't just going up there and swinging at the best pitch they get no matter the count, because it's the only way this is going to get fixed. 

I feel like the hat thing should be dropped until this team is .500 or above. 

I didn’t watch any of the game but it’s obvious pitch recognition has been a problem for a while. The Ks looking is quite annoying 

11 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

He was criticizing the Angels.

Langston does that too but was Salmon saying anything specific? I have to think that Arte doesn't like his employees criticizing his team on TV. I also liked how Victor would also call out the Angels and point out their flaws but he's gone.

18 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

He was criticizing the Angels.

Well that clears it up.

4 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Langston does that too but was Salmon saying anything specific? I have to think that Arte doesn't like his employees criticizing his team on TV. I also liked how Victor would also call out the Angels and point out their flaws but he's gone.

I doubt Tim Salmon gives a shit what Arte thinks. There's no reason for loyalty there,  Tim doesn't *have* to be there.

And he's right to call out the embarrassing product Arte has put on the field while simultaneously destroying this organization.