• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who the Angels can trade for value

3 minutes ago, eligrba said:

I think any team with quality a quality scouting department, a successful player development department and an organizational infrastructure to support both will look at the Angels like a garage sale.  Lots of good player opportunities at low prices because the seller has no idea what they have or how to use them.

Then this should have been true throughout the years. Prospects aren’t leaving the Angels and blossoming elsewhere. 

41 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Then this should have been true throughout the years. Prospects aren’t leaving the Angels and blossoming elsewhere. 

I was referring to some of the struggling players listed as possible trade candidates and not prospects.

one thing I really hope they do is avoid things like the Alex Meyer/Nolasco type deal.  Move as many guys that aren't going to be here next year for as much organizational capital as you can.  I don't care whether they're 1yr or 5yrs away.  If you have to sacrifice other players for more major league ready guys later on, and you feel that's necessary then so be it.  But don't worry too much about proximity at this deadline.  

And if you can get someone to take on Tepera's contract for next year then dump him and start over.  Maybe even Loup as well although I'm guessing he'll be better the rest of the year and into next.  

2 hours ago, halonatic13 said:

Can we go back a year and trade Marsh AND Adell? I can say I was wrong in not trading them.  I wonder who we could have gotten with them as main pieces.

For every story of a traded prospect who works out, there are many more stories of great looking prospect packages that don’t work out….it’s a crap shoot…

I don't know how they fix all this organizational failure in one offseason. There is just a lot of dead weight on the MLB roster and any farm help is only starting to make its way to the big club. I really do think they need to start exploring Ohtani trade offers right now. He's a FA after next season and said point blank he wants to win, which isn't happening in Anaheim. They can't risk getting nothing for him or wait until next trade deadline when he's merely a half season rental for some club.

Edited by bloodbrother

40 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

I don't know how they fix all this organizational failure in one offseason. There is just a lot of dead weight on the MLB roster and any farm help is only starting to make its way to the big club. I really do think they need to start exploring Ohtani trade offers right now. He's a FA after next season and said point blank he wants to win, which isn't happening in Anaheim. They can't risk getting nothing for him or wait until next trade deadline when he's merely a half season rental for some club.

I agree with you, Ohtani deserves a very high contract dollar amount and with budget Moreno already paying several expensive contracts in Trout, Rendon,and Iglesais, I don't see how the Angels will be a winning team without Moreno going way over the luxury tax like the Mets and Dodgers are doing.  The Angels have numerous holes on the roster and need a lot of prospects/depth to start being a winning team.  Resigning Ohtani will make the problem worse if he signs for 35-45 million per year.  The Angels were unable to win when Ohtani was super cheap, how do you expect the team to win when he will be getting paid what he's worth unless Moreno decides to have a top 3 payroll?  With the way things are going currently, I highly doubt at this point Ohtani re-signs with the Angels now, even if they give him the amount that he wants since he's stated he wants to win.

57 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

I’m with on this. The Angels need A LOT of help and their farm isn’t the answer. Trading Ohtani now should bring in a really nice haul but I fear that the FO doesn’t know really good talent so they’ll probably get fleeced in the trade 

4 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

I think any trade for Ohtani needs to include a frontline tv play x play guy. None of us deserve to listen to Patrick O’Neal any longer.

This might be a little farfetched, but how about Ward? this could be the highest value he has, and there is no gurantee that he may reproduced this type fo season. 3 years off control, left, couold easily get a large haul for him and fill out the holes in the line-up. 

The two teams that could surely use Ward could be Clevland and Miami, both teams in the Wc and looking to get one of the spots. 

Trade with Miami;

Miama gets: Ward

Angels get: Soler (8+ 5), Anderson, Meyer, Salas, McCambley.

In this trade, we take in salery, in the from of Soler to increase the value. Anderson and Meyers are the main parts in this trade, Anderson can slot right in at any of the infleid positions, and help the team, while Meyers is an MLB ready arm, that can be slotted into the rotation. Salas and McCambley are the Wildcard, Salas is young a may need more time in the minors, but culd be the starting SS soon. McCambley can be another Bo arm. 

The other trade ibnvolves Clevland

Cle: Ward

Angels: Williams, Arias, Jones and Burns

Williams and jONES are the main price. Williams is a big arm, that could be slotted into the rotaion next year. Jone's is a guy that bring high OBP skills and has had a strong year in the Minors. Aria is glove-first SS at the moment, but looks be a high upside player, lastly Burns projects to be a back-of the rotaion arm, with stuff to be a number 3. 

42 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

This might be a little farfetched, but how about Ward? this could be the highest value he has, and there is no gurantee that he may reproduced this type fo season. 3 years off control, left, couold easily get a large haul for him and fill out the holes in the line-up. 

The two teams that could surely use Ward could be Clevland and Miami, both teams in the Wc and looking to get one of the spots. 

Trade with Miami;

Miama gets: Ward

Angels get: Soler (8+ 5), Anderson, Meyer, Salas, McCambley.

In this trade, we take in salery, in the from of Soler to increase the value. Anderson and Meyers are the main parts in this trade, Anderson can slot right in at any of the infleid positions, and help the team, while Meyers is an MLB ready arm, that can be slotted into the rotation. Salas and McCambley are the Wildcard, Salas is young a may need more time in the minors, but culd be the starting SS soon. McCambley can be another Bo arm. 

The other trade ibnvolves Clevland

Cle: Ward

Angels: Williams, Arias, Jones and Burns

Williams and jONES are the main price. Williams is a big arm, that could be slotted into the rotaion next year. Jone's is a guy that bring high OBP skills and has had a strong year in the Minors. Aria is glove-first SS at the moment, but looks be a high upside player, lastly Burns projects to be a back-of the rotaion arm, with stuff to be a number 3. 

Is Ward your kid? 

I think Iggy has the best trade value and is most likely to be traded.  Top of the line closer and still under club control for the next two years.   Maybe Thor could get good value as well.   Loup if he returns to form in the next month might be of value too.   The rest would get minimal return (outside of Trout and Ohtani).

7 minutes ago, namssa said:

I think Iggy has the best trade value and is most likely to be traded.  Top of the line closer and still under club control for the next two years.   Maybe Thor could get good value as well.   Loup if he returns to form in the next month might be of value too.   The rest would get minimal return (outside of Trout and Ohtani).

Three years at a very high dollar amount for a closer. 

I’m coming to the conclusion that you don’t trade anyone and solve the organizational problems using the players they have. If the Angels start trading away players of value, they just create the same problems for next year. I think the problem is not the players. Trading players does not address the true problems.

22 hours ago, eligrba said:

I’m coming to the conclusion that you don’t trade anyone and solve the organizational problems using the players they have. If the Angels start trading away players of value, they just create the same problems for next year. I think the problem is not the players. Trading players does not address the true problems.

Next year Angels need to be looking 5 years from now to be competitive. 

On 7/10/2022 at 3:27 PM, Angels 1961 said:

Nobody would take Loup, Tepera or Iggy because of their contracts. Syndergaard will not bring back much.

This isn't true and it's because of expanded playoffs. I am mostly referring to Noah. It's why I SOOOOO hoped last year would finally be when Arte does a mine fire sale. It was a total sellers market and that delusional fossil did what he always does. I am sure there are some teams out there that need bullpen help and have the staff that knows what is wrong with, can fix and would be willing to trade for them. I really think Ward should be traded too but he is not a project like Adell and Marsh and can help the team win right now which is what Moreno wants so I doubt he gets moved. Ward is way cheaper than all those pitchers mentioned so unless this team is ready to go full time with Detmers and Silseth and some other young pitchers and is ready for Adell to stay in RF full time, I expect this deadline to be like most Angels deadlines. I wouldn't be surprised if Moreno adds a batter or pitcher because he is drooling over the remote possibility of that 3rd wildcard. Forget the fact that all the teams in front of them are better and will most likely add to their roster too. We see the same thing year after year after year after year with Moreno. What makes anyone think this year is any different?