• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Jonathan Villar, option Matt Thaiss, place Archie Bradley on 60-day IL

• mmc changed the title to Angels sign Jonathan Villar, option Matt Thaiss, place Archie Bradley on 60-day IL

I'm with @Docwaukeeon this one. I actually think Villar is going to do well. He's always been streaky, but I love his skill set and think he's a solid defender. I think Villar is actually a bit underrated. 

Teams acknowledge he has game changing ability, but because of a lack of consistency, no one makes a long term commitment, and they tend to try and make him fit as a utility infielder which is understandable. But Villar has thrived when given a consistent defensive home on a team with low expectations. 

In 2016 it was with Milwaukee at SS, in 2019 it was Baltimore and 2B. 

Enter the 2022 Angels. If they're willing to put him at 3B and leave him alone the rest of the season, they're going to have a dynamic fill in that can really help them. 

13 hours ago, IheartLA said:

better than what we have and he's had decent years in the recent past

call up Stefanic too, no idea why Thaiss is here if he's not gonna be playing 

Bw nice if Thaiss got a chance if consistent time.  Like Walsh, Ward, and now Rengifo  has gotten.

Edited by stormngt

6 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Bw nice if Thaiss got a chance if consistent time.  Like Walsh, Ward, and now Rengifo  has gotten.

Not sure Thaiss has an everyday defensive position, outside of 1b, and he’s not moving Walsh out….

1 hour ago, TempeAngel said:

This is a reminder that Anthony Rendon was a terrible long term signing. The worst since Pujols. I thought it from the start.

He is the Anthony Davis of MLB. 

Anthony Davis helped the Lakers win a championship.  Not the same. 

4 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

That year was covid does not count. In the bubble same with doyers in 2020 60 games does not count.

The NBA teams that year played 87% of their regular season games. MLB played 40%.

Not the same.