• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Phillies (6/5/22) 10:35 am - Adell in RF

Ironic that the Angels score seven without a homer. And give up seven on homers. 

It will be interesting to see what happens next. The reflex response is to fire the manager. But multiple players have just been bad and have been making mistakes. And the depth isn't as good as it appeared earlier. 

And is there a better replacement ready now to manage? Assistants are usually short term. Outsiders need time to adjust and learn. 

With the team still likely to be in the wild card conversation maybe it's best to ride out this storm, let Perry deal with the roster and try to regain stability. 

3 minutes ago, SurfWriter said:

Well, at least you're trying to be somewhat rational about the hole that this team is in.  You're right that many players are not doing much, making mistakes and not sparking the team with their individual effort and emotional spur.  I'm not sure what the management thinks of Maddon's job at this point, but I can tell you I have no faith at all in the owner, Arte Moreno.  Can they fire him?

Can people get off "firing the owner"

He didn't cause the 11 game losing streak 

14 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

They F’ing made him look like Mike Schmidt this weekend!

Bryson freaking Stott!

He'll be telling his grandchildren about that home run decades from now, because that was his career highlight. Only the Angels can provide things like that.

18 hours ago, SurfWriter said:

Well, that's not exactly right.  Moreno is responsible for the Josh Hamilton trade debacle and insisted on signing Rendon (whom I like, but...) instead of investing in pitching, and whose trade views cost the Angels a bunch of promising young talents, tied up millions that could have been used to bolster the roster even further, etc.  And his bad policies in the organization have rubbed a lot of fans the wrong way, though I must say the ticket price deals seem pretty sweet.  The fact that he's a right-winger supporting traitors and anti-democracy Rs doesn't sit well with some of us, either. 

And none of those things you bitch about Moreno has to do with their losing streak.

Hamilton is long gone.  In hindsight, voiding the Rengifo trade is a blessing.  

We were winning the first 37 games with Rendon so the collapse can't be blamed on him.

So quit bitching!

6 minutes ago, SurfWriter said:

Lighten up and try to comprehend what I wrote.  If you bothered to read carefully enough, you'd know I was saying Moreno's position on trades and signings has left major weaknesses over a period of years, including the long-term impact of trading away assets as in the Hamilton trade.  Other teams have managed to get some talented young players in their system who now are producing in a major way.  

LOL 

2 minutes ago, SurfWriter said:

Try again for what?   that Josh wanted to return to Texas,” said Angels General Manager Jerry Dipoto. “After several discussions with the Rangers, we were able to complete a trade that in the end is the right decision for everyone involved.”

The trade was for a player to be named or cash considerations. The Rangers will reportedly pay less than $7 million of the remaining three years and about $80 million on Hamilton’s contract, and Hamilton will forfeit a large sum believed to be at least $12 million to the Angels to offset the benefit he will derive by playing in Texas, where there is no state income tax.

So, in effect, the Angels will pay Hamilton about $60 million to play for an American League West rival, a reflection of just how much owner Arte Moreno wanted to rid himself of Hamilton after the player suffered a substance-abuse relapse over the winter.

Hamilton, who has had a long and well-chronicled addiction to cocaine and alcohol, was a five-time All-Star and the 2010 AL most valuable player in Texas, but he was a bust in Anaheim after signing a five-year, $125-million deal with the Angels."

If you have a counter-argument, try making it instead of just more empty huffing.

He wasn't acquired in a trade, genius.

Just now, SurfWriter said:

Laugh without any substantial comment is childish. Yes, I blew it in claiming the Hamilton signing/later trade involved player assets, and it did not.  My mistake.  They have given away player assets in other trades, but the main thing to emphasize with signings like Hamilton and Pujols is that a huge amount of cash for a long-term deal means money can't be spent wisely on other talent needed.

Nobody likes you. 

Yeah, I just acknowledged that, wise-ass.  I bow to your superior recollection on one point.  You failed to address the main point I made about huge sums committed to Pujols and Hamilton, both of which were wasteful and cost the Angels a chance to sign other talent instead of expecting a savior in the form of a HOF player who was about to pass his prime (Pujols) and one who was very talented but extremely unreliable (Hamilton, who ended up being a bust with addictions he still doesn't seem to have conquered).

We know all of that. It has been discussed ad nauseam. 

I have not participated in the past nausea.  That's on you.  No need to take on even more arrogant persona than you already have.

Then don't get your panties in a bunch when nobody wants to engage in your eloquent posts. 

It must suck to not be liked. That's on you.