• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

The Old Man S1

2 episodes in and it's really good so far

Hopefully the writers can keep this going

It doesn’t hold up as well for several episodes after E2, IMO

9 hours ago, T.G. said:

Watching a @Lou recommendation… “Unforgotten” and it’s very good. Nicola Walker is terrific.

Finished S1.  Excellent show.  Well written... great acting.  Again, Nicola Walker is terrific.  The way they weave stories and lives together throughout was well done.  Highly recommend.  Thanks, @Lou

Looking forward to S2.

10 hours ago, T.G. said:

Watching a @Lou recommendation… “Unforgotten” and it’s very good. Nicola Walker is terrific.

very good show. watched all 4 seasons and found there's a 5th season if you sign up for a free trial of some channel. pass.

but yeah, nicola walker is fun to watch. she's also in "River" and that's another good show.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

very good show. watched all 4 seasons and found there's a 5th season if you sign up for a free trial of some channel. pass.

but yeah, nicola walker is fun to watch. she's also in "River" and that's another good show.

One of the cool things about these British crime drama shows is seeing actors I’ve never heard of before.

Showtime:  Yellowjackets  This one has definitely a nc17, very disturbing content for viewers vibes.  A Lord of the Flies meets that team that crashed in the mountains vibes to it.  I thought it was really well done, and barely answered any questions in season 1.  Which is a nice change for these types of series where they kind of divulge too much and just put a hook at the end.  This isn't going to be for everyone, but if you can handle it, it's worth it.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

Season 5 hasn't been released.

On 3/17/2021 at 10:31 PM, Lou said:

Nicola Walker is a great actress.

22 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Showtime:  Yellowjackets  This one has definitely a nc17, very disturbing content for viewers vibes.  A Lord of the Flies meets that team that crashed in the mountains vibes to it.  I thought it was really well done, and barely answered any questions in season 1.  Which is a nice change for these types of series where they kind of divulge too much and just put a hook at the end.  This isn't going to be for everyone, but if you can handle it, it's worth it.

Spoiler

this is about canablism, right? i just read a NYT article about it.

1 minute ago, Tank said:
  Hide contents

this is about canablism, right? i just read a NYT article about it.

Spoiler

Yes.  And except for the one scene, they just barely touch on it.  They allude to what happened, but do a good job in really not telling what actually happened.

Alone Season 9

There haven't been any big animal encounters, but with just one more episode to go, I believe there is going to be a new "First" record set at the conclusion. 

One new "First" is already being employed by Juan Pablo.  He is using a strategy that has never been attempted in any of the previous seasons.  It will be interesting to see if it allows him to survive longer than his competitors. 

4 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Alone Season 9

There haven't been any big animal encounters, but with just one more episode to go, I believe there is going to be a new "First" record set at the conclusion. 

One new "First" is already being employed by Juan Pablo.  He is using a strategy that has never been attempted in any of the previous seasons.  It will be interesting to see if it allows him to survive longer than his competitors. 

This season hasn't been nearly as interesting to me. 

5 hours ago, Lou said:

This season hasn't been nearly as interesting to me. 

Spoiler

They over sold the Polar Bear angle. Perhaps because there wasn't anything spectacular that happened. 

I am intrested to see how Juan Pablo does with his self imposed fast.  Not having a continuous fire is another interesting strategy. 

At this point it is all about conservation of calories and winning the $$$ prize.

Showtime:  American Rust  Got through one episode, and don't see the point.  It's a cop like show.  But it's not like the usual cop detective shows.  Maybe they were trying to develop the characters in episode one too much or something.  Just didn't keep my interest.

Finished S2 of Unforgotten. 

THAT was absolutely terrific. That was every bit as good as any show I’ve seen.

It’s funny. When I finished “The Killing” I thought I wouldn’t find another show as good and then I saw “Line of Duty.” When I finished that, I thought the same thing… and then I watched “Justified” which was different, but left me wondering if I’d find something as good. Took a while, but “The Americans “ blew me away. Thought that’s it. Nothing will be as good…

”Unforgotten” is absolutely terrific TV. Nicola Walker has become one of my favorite actresses. 

One more thing about S2 of Unforgotten…

Spoiler

Kudos to Sunny for going for it… and that scene and story line was very well written and acted. Cassie’s humor was perfect.

Edited by T.G.