• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Watched both Isle of Dogs and Unsane this weekend. Isle of Dogs is great if you're a fan of Wes Anderson or specifically Fantastic Mr. Fox style of animated movie.

Unsane is a perfectly fine thriller that is probably most interesting that it was filmed on an iPhone. Claire Foy definitely carries the movie.

5 hours ago, calscuf said:

I need some British TV show recommendations.  I’ve watched Peaky Blinders, Broadchurch, Sherlock, Catastrophe.

Recommend.

Luther 

The Fall

Ripper Street

Grantchester

Wallander

State of Play 

Whitechapel

The Escape Artist

Endeavor 

Touching Evil

Only British shows or do you watch other euro shows? 

Edited by Lou

9 hours ago, Lou said:

Pretty sure I recommended Occupied.

A friend recommended Borderliner the other day so it's next on my list.

Hadn't heard of The Same Sky but will check it out 

You did recommend Occupied, thanks

Watching Collateral now

calscuf, add Shetland to Lou's list

4 hours ago, Lou said:

Luther 

The Fall

Ripper Street

Grantchester

Wallander

State of Play 

Whitechapel

The Escape Artist

Endeavor 

Touching Evil

Only British shows or do you watch other euro shows? 

Isn't Black Mirror also pseudo British?  At least it started that way, before Netflix started producing it.  

4 hours ago, Redondo said:

You did recommend Occupied, thanks

Watching Collateral now

calscuf, add Shetland to Lou's list

I've watched 2 episodes of Collateral. Liked the 1st, indifferent on the 2nd.

Watching  Shetland now, also. I think it actually gets better after  the 1st season. 

20 hours ago, mrwicked said:

now that's a movie.

best heist movie of all time. was always my go to for testing an audio setup too.

the real sounds of those guns during the shootout, "cack cack cack". f*cking love it.

yeah, one of my faves. i bought the blu-ray some time ago purely for the added content. unfortunately, the only thing new or different is they have a movie cut with michael mann doing commentary of the film as it plays. was hoping to get more behind the scenes or extra stuff. oh well, still a classic.

speaking of which, and what is missing here, is i miss the days of popping in a vhs or dvd and when it would play the coming soon trailers.

E1 - The Zen Diaries of Garry Shandling

Released 2 years after his passing, this HBO two part series is a very interesting inside look at Garry's life, thought process, career progression and self development. 

Home movies,  clips, outtakes,  interviews and of course excerpts of his diaries. 

I am looking forward to seeing E2.

On March 26, 2018 at 6:22 PM, Redondo said:

Got it.

A couple of more foreign shows. The Same Sky, Borderliner and 2nd season of Occupied. Watched all three and worth watching. Nothing special though.

I've watched 4 episodes of Borderliner. Another great recommendation.

18 hours ago, Ray McKigney said:

Is that the one where the guy fucks the pig? I remember someone recommending it to me and I watched that episode and was like, "WTF?" Not my cup of tea.

Yup.  That's the one.  Or at least one of the episodes.  All of the episodes are stand alone's.  And some stranger than others.  That one was definitely on the strangest side of things.

On 3/31/2018 at 3:20 PM, gotbeer said:

Yup.  That's the one.  Or at least one of the episodes.  All of the episodes are stand alone's.  And some stranger than others.  That one was definitely on the strangest side of things.

I usually recommend that show to people then tell them to give the entire first season a try and not just base it off of that episode. 

I got HBO Now. I’ve seen the classics, but wanted to catch up on some of their shows done in the last 10 years or so. Any recommendations? I’m doing Boardwalk Empire and it’s pretty good but it sure is slow. The Wire is the greatest show ever made and I’ll probably rewatch The Sopranos

19 minutes ago, OregonLAA said:

I got HBO Now. I’ve seen the classics, but wanted to catch up on some of their shows done in the last 10 years or so. Any recommendations? I’m doing Boardwalk Empire and it’s pretty good but it sure is slow. The Wire is the greatest show ever made and I’ll probably rewatch The Sopranos

The Jinx.

Was Deadwood in the past 10 years? If so, Deadwood. 

On 4/1/2018 at 7:14 PM, OregonLAA said:

Westworld Season 2 starts this month, so you probably want to check out season 1 of you missed it previously. 

8 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I still don't know what happened in that acid trip of season 1.  

essentially, it was the story of a guy who went to a hockey game and had like 6 or 7 beers and kept posting on a message board with his cyber friends.

*wishing i had a real life experience to compare this to