• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On 1/20/2018 at 4:34 PM, Redondo said:

The wife and I are watching that also and we are at the same place you are. Interesting show and get to learn some history.

We are mixing in some Occupied (recommended by Lou)

Finished season 2. There is a season 3 coming, with a new cast, because the present cast is too young to move ahead a decade. The gal from Broadchurch, Olivia Coleman, will be the Queen in the next 2 seasons.

Claire Foy was incredible in the role.  

Ozark is next for me.

3 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Finished season 2. There is a season 3 coming, with a new cast, because the present cast is too young to move ahead a decade. The gal from Broadchurch, Olivia Coleman, will be the Queen in the next 2 seasons.

Claire Foy was incredible in the role.  

Ozark is next for me.

Thanks for the heads up on season 3

You should like Ozark. Very unusual plot line, but well written.

Just finished The Crown, too. Really enjoyed it.  Like @Homebrewer , I learned a few things, too.

Spoiler

The one episode I could have done without is the one about Charles @ school. What was the point? They basically wasted an entire episode to show he's a pussy. Who didn't know that? 

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:25 PM, Angel Oracle said:

I am now through all of Shameless' first season plus first few second season episodes.    Wished I had started watching this from the beginning when it debuted.

Just when I thought Frank couldn't stoop any lower, this past Sunday's new episode proved me wrong. (Deb's foot)

saw absence of malice (1981) over the weekend. ironically, it's about fake news and running with stories that aren't factual in the news and the consequences. it was cool. if you never watch it you aren't missing much, but Paul Newman and sally field were solid......by the way, sally field was a ridiculous fox back then. 

21 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Never even heard of this, but just looked up the ratings and synopsis.....it looks pretty damn solid. Netflix?

Anything you would compare it to?

Can't really think of anything to compare it to but Jeff Daniels is awesome as the big bad guy.  I like it when the bad guy has nuance.  

It is definitely violent though.

just saw an article online about remakes that are coming to the silver screen in the near future. Here's a partial list:

Firestarter, Cannonball Run, Starship Troopers, License to Drive, The Fly, Valley Girl, Alien Nation, Papillon, The Great Outdoors, Fantastic Voyage, Scarface, White Men Can't Jump, First Blood, Flash Gordon, Flight of the Navigator, Charlie's Angels, Nosferatu, Little Shop of Horrors, The Thomas Crown Affair, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Overboard, and An American Werewolf in London.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

just saw an article online about remakes that are coming to the silver screen in the near future. Here's a partial list:

Firestarter, Cannonball Run, Starship Troopers, License to Drive, The Fly, Valley Girl, Alien Nation, Papillon, The Great Outdoors, Fantastic Voyage, Scarface, White Men Can't Jump, First Blood, Flash Gordon, Flight of the Navigator, Charlie's Angels, Nosferatu, Little Shop of Horrors, The Thomas Crown Affair, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Overboard, and An American Werewolf in London.

So The Fly, Scarface, Nosferatu, Little Shop of Horrors, and The Thomas Crown Affair all getting remade AGAIN?

There are two remakes I'm actually interested in though this year, neither on that list. David Gordon Green is remaking Halloween (yet again) and it's being written by Danny McBride, that combination alone has me intrigued.

Also, interested in Luca Guadagnino (just did Call Me By Your Name in 2017) remaking Dario Argento's Suspiria. Very curious what a remake of Suspiria looks like given the original is completely dependent on Argento's style, but also curious since I really like Luca Guadagnino's style and the cast sounds solid with Tilda Swinton, Dakota Johnson, Jessica Harper (in the original), and Chloe Grace Moretz. Sounds more than just a run-of-the-mill remake and something that may actually be taken serious.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

That's quite a list of upcoming bombs.  

And Scarface....why?  It's already a perfect remake.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

yeah, there's a lot of duds on that list. a lot.

not sure why anyone would want to remake dirty rotten scoundrels. it worked perfectly the first time around and should be left alone.

there's also a female version of ocean's eleven coming out in a few weeks. stars sandra bullock. not sure about this one yet.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

And Scarface....why?  It's already a perfect remake.

I'm curious about it since apparently the Coen Brothers are writing the script? Though they Rent directing and they tend to keep their better scripts for themselves so who knows.

They recently wrote but didn't direct Suburbicon, Bridge of Spies, and Unbroken. At least Bridge of Spies was good I guess. 

Looking forward to Death of Stalin coming in March. It is a British comedy with Buscemi, Tambour and Palin as part of the cast. Already in theaters in Europe and banned in Russia, it has a 87% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes. How that holds up in the US is still to be seen.

17 hours ago, Tank said:

Has Hollywood run out of storylines?   Wonder how Shameless would do on the big screen, hey at least it isn't a remake of a movie.

21 hours ago, Tank said:

how in the flying fuck....

how dare them!