• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: A's @ Angels (5/22/22): Sandoval on the mound, no Walsh, Ward still out

I still don't understand why they haven't designed outfield walls to have some "give" to avoid injuries like this. Kinda like Nascar did with their walls once Dale Earhardt's crash. Basically the players are running into a concrete wall with a couple inches of padding. 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

It doesn't really matter as neither is very good 

Wallach will be the best hitting Angel catcher since Benji Molina, he just needs to catch a couple breaks, he has great pitch selection and hits the ball hard. Not to mention he's got a rocket for an arm and a great glove (cough, no hitter).

28 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

I still don't understand why they haven't designed outfield walls to have some "give" to avoid injuries like this. Kinda like Nascar did with their walls once Dale Earhardt's crash. Basically the players are running into a concrete wall with a couple inches of padding. 

Wallach will be the best hitting Angel catcher since Benji Molina, he just needs to catch a couple breaks, he has great pitch selection and hits the ball hard. Not to mention he's got a rocket for an arm and a great glove (cough, no hitter).

Not the facts or stats have anything to do with your thought process on this but the Angels have had four catchers, since Molina that were better hitters than Molina. 

51 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Not the facts or stats have anything to do with your thought process on this but the Angels have had four catchers, since Molina that were better hitters than Molina. 

He has said that same thing multiple times and several of us have pointed this out. I have to think it's just trolling at this point. 

22 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I thought they did after the game on Friday 

Maybe they only did an X-Ray, and didn’t think his injury warranted an MRI.

I find that pretty stupid, but I’m not in the medical field.

I just hope this is truly being done out of precaution and not because his injury is worsening/not improving.

Now, that was the Tepera and Iglesias we remember from prior years.

They didn’t leave pitches too much in the zone, or way out of it (only 4 balls out of 21 pitches).

They truly had the batters at their mercy, total command.

Sandy was Sandy, a 2020s Hamels emerging?   Love how he touched 94 in the 7th.

Rengifo is still struggling some in the field, but the bat has been there so far.   

Ohtani and Trout continue to hit the ball hard.   Rendon is still in that middle area, signs of emerging but then days like yesterday happen against a lefty.

Much needed pair of wins to stop that forgettable four game slide