• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Taking the little ones to their first Angels game in Oakland today.

3 minutes ago, failos said:

The wink is ok, though? I’m not a fan of depictions of Jesus. They’re idolatrous.

You don't think Jesus had a sense of humor? Basically all of his teaching contained exaggerations, which was the humor of the time. "Camel through the eye of a needle" would have had them rolling.

Just now, Taylor said:

You don't think Jesus had a sense of humor? Basically all of his teaching contained exaggerations, which was the humor of the time. "Camel through the eye of a needle" would have had them rolling.

I suppose being a perfect man must’ve meant he possessed some sort of sense of humor. It also might explain how he was able to garner such a large following, but I doubt he was a jokester. I guess I never thought about Jesus and humor before now.

27 minutes ago, failos said:

I suppose being a perfect man must’ve meant he possessed some sort of sense of humor. It also might explain how he was able to garner such a large following, but I doubt he was a jokester. I guess I never thought about Jesus and humor before now.

11 hours ago, Taylor said:

I'd be more concerned with God taking offense.

12 hours ago, Taylor said:

When Jesus was carrying out His ministry, I doubt there was much humor involved. That was likely found more in His private moments with His disciples. 

As for using exaggerations, I couldn’t disagree with you more. His parables used examples that were relevant to His audience so they could more easily relate and get the point. The eye of the needle was a type of gate, and it would have required a camel to get down on its knees and crawl through, something camels don’t do. 

17 minutes ago, Tank said:

When Jesus was carrying out His ministry, I doubt there was much humor involved. That was likely found more in His private moments with His disciples. 

As for using exaggerations, I couldn’t disagree with you more. His parables used examples that were relevant to His audience so they could more easily relate and get the point. The eye of the needle was a type of gate, and it would have required a camel to get down on its knees and crawl through, something camels don’t do. 

I'm just repeating what I've heard pastors say when they talk about Jesus in his cultural context. Admittedly I haven't done any of my own research on humor in the Middle East around 30 AD.

2 hours ago, Lou said:

@halonatic13

Did the kids enjoy the game? 

Kids absolutely loved it! Thanks for asking. I told them next month they’ll get to see a real baseball stadium in Angels Stadium. They stayed awake the entire time. Slept the 2 hrs back home. My boy has one hell of a voice. 

1 minute ago, halonatic13 said:

Kids absolutely loved it! Thanks for asking. I told them next month they’ll get to see a real baseball stadium in Angels Stadium. They stayed awake the entire time. Slept the 2 hrs back home. My boy has one hell of a voice. 

That's great. Glad you all had a fun time. 

5 hours ago, halonatic13 said:

Awesome. Make sure they bring their gloves with them. It’s sort of a right of passage, even though you might be 1000 feet from home plate.

I was at a cigar lounge with a buddy on Saturday, and we watched the first game through the sixth inning. I listened to the game on SiriusXM on the way home, and I literally turned the game off with two out in the bottom of the ninth, stopping at my mailbox and sure that game 1 was in the bag. How do you cough up three runs with two out in the bottom of the ninth?

9 hours ago, halonatic13 said:

Glad they had an awesome time.  

Did you all see this guy when you were there?

https://twitter.com/matthewkawahara/status/1526000935524134913?s=20&t=gKF0N2doXClYPQcvBWOf6g