• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bowden: Trading Frankie Montas

17 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

If you need a laugh, Bowden has an article out this morning suggesting 8 hypothetical trades for the Athletics to send Montas somewhere else. One of those options is the Angels. I'll let Jimbo take it from here:

"With Jo Adell and Jordan Marsh looking like they’re ready to be the corner outfielders surrounding Trout for years to come, the team could offer the A’s one of their top outfield prospects in the speedy Jordyn Adams or the power-hitting Alexander Ramirez. Throw in a pitching prospect like Chase Silseth and we might be able to call a press conference."

Per baseballtradevalues.com, here is how this trade lines up in value:

Adams - 4.9

Silseth - 0.8

vs 

Montas - 39.6

This gives the Angels roughly 34 mtv in surplus value. 

And that is why Bowden is writing articles instead of actually working for a team. 

If we can find a random guy named Jordan Marsh somewhere, this could end up being a steal for us.

17 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Honestly I hope they can ship Suarez and someone like Adams or Ramirez for Montas. 

This actually seems very realistic to me. Suarez is a cheap, MLB capable player. He probably doesn’t have a lot of upside, but he could immediately fill a position for the A’s. And throw in a prospect we can live with losing but who also might have enough upside to entice the A’s. 

On 4/22/2022 at 1:17 PM, Pancake Bear said:

If you need a laugh, Bowden has an article out this morning suggesting 8 hypothetical trades for the Athletics to send Montas somewhere else. One of those options is the Angels. I'll let Jimbo take it from here:

"With Jo Adell and Jordan Marsh looking like they’re ready to be the corner outfielders surrounding Trout for years to come, the team could offer the A’s one of their top outfield prospects in the speedy Jordyn Adams or the power-hitting Alexander Ramirez. Throw in a pitching prospect like Chase Silseth and we might be able to call a press conference."

Per baseballtradevalues.com, here is how this trade lines up in value:

Adams - 4.9

Silseth - 0.8

vs 

Montas - 39.6

This gives the Angels roughly 34 mtv in surplus value. 

And that is why Bowden is writing articles instead of actually working for a team. 

Not that I agree with Bowden's proposal, but anyone who is willing to trade for Jordyn Adams is going to value him much higher than baseballtradevalues.com is. With Adams you aren't going to get that mean performance you are probably getting nothing or six years of a respectable major league outfielder. The BBTV site would be a lot better for estimating prospect value if they put some value ranges on there instead of one number.