• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What are you listening to?

Glen

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'm always going through drumming videos and this chick trips me out. She's clean and knows her kit, but has pretty amazing footwork and this song shows it. She's unique to watch because there is what we call "drummer face" and she has her unique thing she does with her head when she's playing and it's almost like she keeps count or uses her head as a metronome. She shreds.

that was really impressive. she was amazing to listen to.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

that was really impressive. she was amazing to listen to.

Yeah, she kills and has a ton of videos and useful info. When I was getting into drumming the YouTube algorithm had her as a recommended choice and watching her is a good learning tool, but it also makes you feel so inadequate haha. Came across her again recently as I was learning songs from my favorite band and she had just so happened to cover one of their songs within a day or two of when I was searching for their music covers. She does all types of music and I think even does lesson videos. I like the metal covers she does because she is this tiny woman that just attacks the drums and it looks like her tiny/skinny arms are just flailing around while she does her head movement thing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2023 at 1:21 PM, Brandon said:

I'm always going through drumming videos and this chick trips me out. She's clean and knows her kit, but has pretty amazing footwork and this song shows it. She's unique to watch because there is what we call "drummer face" and she has her unique thing she does with her head when she's playing and it's almost like she keeps count or uses her head as a metronome. She shreds.

This guy’s is pretty fun to watch too 

On 1/2/2023 at 1:05 PM, arch stanton said:

So Greta Van Fleet is playing in Bahrain next month. My poker partners are trying to get me to go with them. Is it worth $55 to see four 20 something’s try to be Led Zeppelin?

So I didn't get a chance to go but my poker crew went and they said it was pretty good. They pushed the envelope a little for this part of the world, shirts off, drinking onstage, etc but managed to stay out of jail  so I guess it's all good

12 hours ago, Jason said:

This guy’s is pretty fun to watch too 

Good video and great song. But if you want to see the GOAT (I'm sure you've seen him before) this dude pops up on my feed nonstop. Either his own videos or mainly so many people doing reaction videos or drum coaches/ pros using his videos as teaching tools. This guy is on another level and wins internet awards for his drumming. He's just off the walls. I've seen him do metal songs where he'll only use one hand or he'll take a song and play triple time.

Funny side story seeing it's a Gojira song. I saw them open for the Deftones in April of last year at The Greek in LA. What was a little unique is it was a make up show during Covid. So when Deftones invited them they were an up and coming band, but during Covid Gojira were arguably the biggest hard rock band and had the album of the year during that time. I remember the Deftones drummer, Abe Cunningham talking about the make up shows and how it was the only time the opening band was arguably bigger than the main act. I don't really listen to them, but they were beyond solid and complete as a band....I see why they get the accolades.

Another one from that day. I bought really good and expensive seats for my friend and I. There was an open seat next to my left and then an old guy in a suit. He was the equivalent of Ric Flair and horse trainer Bob Baffert having a child. I kept wondering if he was an agent or record exec as he didn't look like he belonged but looked like he was enjoying himself. During a break in between bands the dude looks over at me and my girlfriend and says, "Do you guys mind if I spark up a joint?" We say go for it and he lights it and then looks at me and extends his hand out to pass it. The irony is the show was literally on 4/20 and my first instinct was to say no, but then I thought, "When are you ever going to be in a situation where you are watching your favorite band with amazing seats and a Ric Flair look alike wants to smoke a joint with you?" Good memory and good time.

On 2/1/2023 at 8:52 PM, Brandon said:

Saw a bunch of reaction videos to this and it reminded me my he is the best drummer of all time.

Danny Carey truly is one of the best drummers of all time @Brandon, and I'm not just saying that because he plays drums for my favorite band, Tool.  He can often be seen at The Baked Potato club in North Hollywood, just sitting in with random jazz musicians on drums and playing for a couple hours.  The guy is an amazingly talented drummer.

2 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Danny Carey truly is one of the best drummers of all time @Brandon, and I'm not just saying that because he plays drums for my favorite band, Tool.  He can often be seen at The Baked Potato club in North Hollywood, just sitting in with random jazz musicians on drums and playing for a couple hours.  The guy is an amazingly talented drummer.

Yeah, that wasn't hyperbole and I like that I'm not super into Tool but recognize Danny Carey and Justin Chancellor on bass was one of my inspirations. Danny makes me want to play drums but also makes me feel so small. His technique, kit awareness, timing are just insane. He's literally the best. I like so much and various music, but he is the standard.

Fun story. I worked at a corporate mortgage gig from 2015-2017 and they were huge and had two of the high rises in Irvine. At the bottom of one was a bar I'd jump down to or hang out for happy hour and got to know the bartender really good, who was a drummer. Him and I became good friends. Because he knew I played he invited me to his show in LA. I'm kind of over playing and some of the low level gigs I used to play. But he was like, "Hey, I already ordered a bus that will take us all up to LA from Huntington and we are opening for Volta which is Danny Carey's super band."......I was in. It ended up being a fun night. My buddy crushed it, but seeing Danny Carey live at the Whiskey, which is kind of intimate (and also a place I played at) was a treat. Volta wasn't big or known, so it was almost just a small intimate setting. 

Yeah, he shreds dude. Playing drums and seeing his wrist control is next level. And like you mentioned, I'm big into jazz and know he is the same.....and you see the influence. He's literally the best.

23 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Yeah, that wasn't hyperbole and I like that I'm not super into Tool but recognize Danny Carey and Justin Chancellor on bass was one of my inspirations. Danny makes me want to play drums but also makes me feel so small. His technique, kit awareness, timing are just insane. He's literally the best. I like so much and various music, but he is the standard.

Fun story. I worked at a corporate mortgage gig from 2015-2017 and they were huge and had two of the high rises in Irvine. At the bottom of one was a bar I'd jump down to or hang out for happy hour and got to know the bartender really good, who was a drummer. Him and I became good friends. Because he knew I played he invited me to his show in LA. I'm kind of over playing and some of the low level gigs I used to play. But he was like, "Hey, I already ordered a bus that will take us all up to LA from Huntington and we are opening for Volta which is Danny Carey's super band."......I was in. It ended up being a fun night. My buddy crushed it, but seeing Danny Carey live at the Whiskey, which is kind of intimate (and also a place I played at) was a treat. Volta wasn't big or known, so it was almost just a small intimate setting. 

Yeah, he shreds dude. Playing drums and seeing his wrist control is next level. And like you mentioned, I'm big into jazz and know he is the same.....and you see the influence. He's literally the best.

Great story.  I ran into Danny Carey at a Lakers game.  The dude is a giant guy.  

2 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Great story.  I ran into Danny Carey at a Lakers game.  The dude is a giant guy.  

Fun fact, he's actually from Lawrence, KS and has played at some of the KU basketball games. I had heard a lot of his influence was from the Kansas City jazz scene.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Fun fact, he's actually from Lawrence, KS and has played at some of the KU basketball games. I had heard a lot of his influence was from the Kansas City jazz scene.

Yep.  I know that.  He often wears a Kansas Jayhawk jersey in concert.

Apparently he also likes to dish out ass kickings in the Kansas airport, according to TMZ