• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What are you listening to?

Glen

I was saddened to hear the news that Ryan Karazija passed away a few weeks ago. Such a great vocalist and musician. Low Roar were masters at creating a mood, and at their best they were something of an underground mashup of Radiohead and Fleet Foxes. For a moment there I thought they might have a chance at commercial success after Hideo Kojima picked them to do the sound track for Death Stranding a couple years back, but sadly it wasn't meant to be.

On 10/27/2022 at 10:00 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

For as much recognition as Radiohead gets for their work, particularly in the 90's, I've come to feel that In Rainbows was them at their peak. From their roots in Brit pop / grunge they produced some great work before entering their 'experimental stage.' In Rainbows is the band on the other side, 15 years later putting it all together.

Weird to see this thread bumped and see this when I clicked on it. I've been coming across this exact video so much lately and remember even watching it on TV when it first came out and one of the satellite music channels ran live performances or stuff like this.

I've been going down a piano playing kick lately starting to learn various songs that I'd want to play piano that are piano based songs or regular rock songs that can be transcribed and played solo on piano.....some Radiohead songs were in there. Then it lead me to go down a huge Radiohead plunge on YouTube from various songs to kind of documentary or mini-documentary type stuff. And now this video pops up all the time and I remember liking it the first time I watched it.

One of those weird things where you keep having an itch or reminder to do something then see that same reminder in the least place possible. I was never super into Radiohead...a girl I worked with in high school got me into a ton of various music and her favorite band was Radiohead. It also felt like anytime the band had a release that it was a big deal where all the critics or pseudo-intellects would come out to praise it or talk about its musical importance within whatever the musical landscape was at the time.

Very unique band that kind of has that pull like the Beatles of relevancy and importance on music. I'll probably have to go back and watch this again.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple weeks ago at a birthday party another old guy and I got into a discussion about Led Zeppelin and this lead me to listen cover to cover all of their studio albums during my daily walk/jog. I was surprised to find that I like III much more now than I did when I was a teen but not surprised that I still like this song best of all their stuff. It just has everything you think of when it comes to Zeppelin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, arch stanton said:

So Greta Van Fleet is playing in Bahrain next month. My poker partners are trying to get me to go with them. Is it worth $55 to see four 20 something’s try to be Led Zeppelin?

I'm not going to tell you how to spend your money, but if you told me I was stuck in Bahrain and Greta Van Fleet was playing I know what my plans would be.

14 hours ago, arch stanton said:

So Greta Van Fleet is playing in Bahrain next month. My poker partners are trying to get me to go with them. Is it worth $55 to see four 20 something’s try to be Led Zeppelin?

The singer sounds way more like Geddy Lee.  They're not the end all be all but the hate they get from Bon Iver loving, Pitchfork Media reading hipsters is childish.  Not everything has to be twee indie sleeping pills ffs.  They're just a cut above butt rock crap like 5FDP and their ilk, basically.

2 hours ago, cysomeawfulpitcher said:

The singer sounds way more like Geddy Lee.  They're not the end all be all but the hate they get from Bon Iver loving, Pitchfork Media reading hipsters is childish.  Not everything has to be twee indie sleeping pills ffs.  They're just a cut above butt rock crap like 5FDP and their ilk, basically.

5 hours ago, cysomeawfulpitcher said:

I actually read a lot of that this week and thought it was kinda funny. Pitchfork is pretty full of itself 

On 1/2/2023 at 3:05 AM, arch stanton said:

I've heard a few of their songs on the radio here. They are Zeppeliny.

For $55 if I were in Bahrain I would check them out.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm always going through drumming videos and this chick trips me out. She's clean and knows her kit, but has pretty amazing footwork and this song shows it. She's unique to watch because there is what we call "drummer face" and she has her unique thing she does with her head when she's playing and it's almost like she keeps count or uses her head as a metronome. She shreds.