• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So I moved to Hawaii.

2 hours ago, cals said:

No, again, Larry and I likely are the only ones  who have experienced Hawaii beyond the pre-packaged tourist resort bullshit.

Let me give you an example.  So years ago I went to Oahu after a breakup and unfortunately my ex and her new dude, this  England weirdo, we’re staying at the same place.  I befriended the girl who worked at the front desk and she took me out.  We were at a beach party and the dude who was always super cool to me at the hotel buffet (he would sneak me free drinks) just attacked me out of nowhere for being a Haole.  Thank God the fat guy who worked at the bar was there too and he held the guy back.  It was crazy.

He probably read your posts on MySpace.

On 4/15/2022 at 9:00 AM, arch stanton said:

I feel like any mainlander who thinks there's too many Hispanics and Asians around now can relate to native Hawaiians not thrilled with the touron levels on their islands

Hispanics + Asians + Hawaiians almost equals Filipino by default. 

10 hours ago, cals said:

Arrived in Kauai a few hours ago.  Within a span of minutes that classic Hawaiian Aloha spirit was on full display.  

First happened to me.  I used Turo to rent a private car since it’s easy and cheaper (well relatively easy, originally they were supposed to leave the truck in the airport parking lot but the island changed the rules and now the owners can’t do that.  So the owner basically tells me “sorry bra, take an uber or something to my business.  But Ubers are taking like an hour so yeah).  We land and I get an Uber with the plan to go pick up the truck and come back for my family.  I get lucky and get one and ask if my family of 4 can all ride.  She texts back and says “no bra, that’s XL.” So I say OK, just me then.  Bitch still proceeds to cancel my ride.  

As I was waiting for the next Uber I got, I see a guy from my plane who I know is frazzled since his family missed the flight.  He is standing about a foot off the curb for Uber pick up.  An Uber (not his) pulls up and I notice it was odd it just stopped inches from him instead of going around.  The driver, a bunch of Hawaiian airport workers and some taxi stand lady start yelling at him.  He steps back on the curb and the driver pulls up like 20 feet in front of him and starts mouthing off to him.  I can hear him respond and say “relax man I didn’t hear you” and all the Hawaiian airport workers start yelling at him.  One c*nt says “hey sideshow bob, take it easy bra!”

I shake my head and laugh and my wife looks at me and says “ok you’re right, I forgot, these people are jerks.”

And I thought of Taylor.

Last time I went to Hawaii it was on Kauai and we rented a house on the beach. It was actually really nice and we didn't have any issues with the locals. This was in 2009 so it's been a while. Maybe they are just a bit saltier these days 

11 minutes ago, cals said:

No, they were garbage back then, too.  This is the thing, if I didn’t know better I would have no reason to think these things weren’t isolated incidents.  But since I am aware of the shit attitude here I know better.  You probably witnessed it here in 2009, but you probably dismissed it or thought “hey that individual Hawaiian man is an asshole”.  I would have seen the same thing and understood it was a episode of general Hawaiian fuckfacery.

It’s possible that I’m just used to seeing shitty people in many places I go. You aren’t the first person I’ve heard complain about the attitude of locals there 

10 hours ago, cals said:

Arrived in Kauai a few hours ago.  Within a span of minutes that classic Hawaiian Aloha spirit was on full display.  

First happened to me.  I used Turo to rent a private car since it’s easy and cheaper (well relatively easy, originally they were supposed to leave the truck in the airport parking lot but the island changed the rules and now the owners can’t do that.  So the owner basically tells me “sorry bra, take an uber or something to my business.  But Ubers are taking like an hour so yeah).  We land and I get an Uber with the plan to go pick up the truck and come back for my family.  I get lucky and get one and ask if my family of 4 can all ride.  She texts back and says “no bra, that’s XL.” So I say OK, just me then.  Bitch still proceeds to cancel my ride.  

As I was waiting for the next Uber I got, I see a guy from my plane who I know is frazzled since his family missed the flight.  He is standing about a foot off the curb for Uber pick up.  An Uber (not his) pulls up and I notice it was odd it just stopped inches from him instead of going around.  The driver, a bunch of Hawaiian airport workers and some taxi stand lady start yelling at him.  He steps back on the curb and the driver pulls up like 20 feet in front of him and starts mouthing off to him.  I can hear him respond and say “relax man I didn’t hear you” and all the Hawaiian airport workers start yelling at him.  One c*nt says “hey sideshow bob, take it easy bra!”

I shake my head and laugh and my wife looks at me and says “ok you’re right, I forgot, these people are jerks.”

And I thought of Taylor.

Funny how this stuff always seems to happen to you.

Just now, cals said:

As discussed above, much of it is about perception.  I’m aware of when it happens as opposed to someone who dismisses it. 

Maybe you're just oversensitive? There's a word for that in popular culture these days.

On 4/15/2022 at 12:47 PM, Lhalo said:

Meh. It’s hit and miss. I’ve seen the locals be awesome and awful. I can believe that on Lanai everyone is laid back as it’s one of the most unpopulated islands in the state but there are pockets of people on the other islands that don’t take kindly to tourists. If you’re driving a Jeep instead of a muddy Tacoma you’ll get different looks on the road. 

There’s a privately owned beach north of Kapalua that has great snorkeling/diving. The family that owns it charges a small fee which is just fine as it’s their land. They are kind and give you advice where to go and not to go. One piece of advice they’ve given me each time I’ve been there is to stay away from the south end of the beach. That side is where the locals like to throw rocks at the tourists from the overlook 30 ft. above the shore. 

My wife and I are heading over there in the fall for our honeymoon. Can you DM me the info for that family owned private beach, please?

11 hours ago, cals said:

And I thought of Taylor.

all the more reason to stay at one of the resorts.

when we went to maui in '17, we didn't run into any issues like this. every local we interacted with was pleasant. but then again, the world is a bit angrier these days, so who knows.

20 minutes ago, cals said:

You ladies are still salty that you didn’t realize the Bauer whore was lying and that Buttrey didn’t retire to follow his heart.  Forgive me if I don’t take much stock in your opinions.

I didn't care enough to offer up an opinion on either one.