• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

California Amusement Parks

mmc

Celebs at LAX for me:  Topanga from Boy Meets World, Emmylou Harris was sitting next to me at a gate and I only knew it was her because I saw her boarding pass.  We went to Cabo for my bachelor party and Eddie Money (RIP) was in our terminal and we invited him to go to Cabo and he said he had to go to Detroit.  Saw the cripple son from Breaking Bad at baggage claim.  At international baggage claim I saw Christian Bale.  Also had Posh Spice in 1B and I was in 2B on a flight to London.  Also when I was a little kid I saw Mr. Rogers get into a limo and get handed a cocktail before the door closed.  That’s when I stopped believing in religion.  (Honorable mention, a couple months ago on a flight back from London I had Bobby from Sons of Anarchy in business class with me.)

my brother and i saw wilt chamberlain once. first time i saw someone that tall in person.

i saw stevie wonder (but he didn't see me!). in houston, lou ferrigno was on my flight. in the waiting area he ran over my foot with his rolling bag but never apologized. my wife sat beside ray parker, jr. (the dude who sang "ghostbusters") and she once sat behind tony bennett. she and my daughter were also on a flight with bono.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

my brother and i saw wilt chamberlain once. first time i saw someone that tall in person.

i saw stevie wonder (but he didn't see me!). in houston, lou ferrigno was on my flight. in the waiting area he ran over my foot with his rolling bag but never apologized. my wife sat beside ray parker, jr. (the dude who sang "ghostbusters") and she once sat behind tony bennett. she and my daughter were also on a flight with bono.

I saw Wilt at Gelson's in Studio City, Stevie Wonder at a Lakers game and Ray Parker, Jr. in the Forum Club before a Lakers game. 

And Richard Simmons was on our flight back from Guadalajara. 

6 hours ago, Lou said:

I saw Wilt at Gelson's in Studio City, Stevie Wonder at a Lakers game and Ray Parker, Jr. in the Forum Club before a Lakers game. 

And Richard Simmons was on our flight back from Guadalajara. 

Richard Simmons must have been connecting from Puerto Vallarta.

15 hours ago, Tank said:

I saw Wilt playing volleyball at the Women's gym at UCLA years ago.  Saw him again at a Beach Volleyball tournament.  I also saw Lou Ferrigno outside the UCLA bookstore once.  Both men are tall and Ferrigino is just a giant of a man.

Going to the Disneyland resort with a group of friends for a couple days in September. 

I'm expecting to be disappointed. It's just too damn crowded there these days. 

We're gonna hit Knott's too but Xcelerator is down (cable launch cautions) and so is Montezuma's (replacing track/launch system) so really the only fun rides will be Ghostrider and Hangtime (I'm guessing, I've never ridden Hangtime). I've also heard KBF operations have been poor. 

Went to Busch Gardens in Tampa back in May, it was hot as balls but that was a blast. Iron Gwazi FTW. 

2 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

Going to the Disneyland resort with a group of friends for a couple days in September. 

I'm expecting to be disappointed. It's just too damn crowded there these days. 

september is a good time to go because tourists are back home and the kids are in school. 

you're biggest obstacle will be the hot weather.

9 minutes ago, Tank said:

september is a good time to go because tourists are back home and the kids are in school. 

you're biggest obstacle will be the hot weather.

I live in Arizona. It was 110 today. Anything under 100 is a piece of cake lol.

I bought a pass when I still lived in California with a girlfriend at the time right when they opened Cars Land. No blackout day free parking pass was like $600 and it was an absolute steal. A lot has changed since then. 

On 7/20/2022 at 1:23 PM, mmc said:

Haha

I don't understand what's going on with kids these days. 

Back in my high school years I used to go to Knott's all the time as a date night with girlfriends or to hang out with friends on Friday/Saturday nights, and we never ran into anything that remotely resembles the issues they're having with these stupid kids. I don't understand why they just can't behave.

It mostly feels to me there is zero punishment combined with lack of accountability for their irresponsible/destructive actions. My parents would have never put up with this kind of shit when I was growing up. 

1 minute ago, CaliAngel said:

Back in my high school years I used to go to Knott's all the time as a date night with girlfriends or to hang out with friends on Friday/Saturday nights, and we never ran into anything that remotely resembles the issues they're having with these stupid kids. I don't understand why they just can't behave.

It mostly feels to me there is zero punishment combined with lack of accountability for their irresponsible/destructive actions. My parents would have never put up with this kind of shit when I was growing up. 

TikTok - Apps on Google Play

2 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

I don’t want to sound like @calsbut he’s probably right about the kids that are the problem. When a child is raised by assholes they are likely going to be assholes too 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I don’t want to sound like @calsbut he’s probably right about the kids that are the problem. When a child is raised by assholes they are likely going to be assholes too 

The cholos were already ruining Knotts when I was in HS.  This isn’t a new phenomenon.

2 hours ago, mmc said:

TikTok - Apps on Google Play

Not just this but the entire "social media" culture has become an absolute cancer to society. I don't think anyone envisioned the scope of damage these things would cause in such a short amount of time. It's like society has lost a generation of kids and I don't know if we'll ever get them back. 

1 hour ago, cals said:

The cholos were already ruining Knotts when I was in HS.  This isn’t a new phenomenon.

Yeah, I'm definitely familiar, but at least they had some semblance of behavioral standards. And if something did pop up the "good guys" would usually hop in to cut it out. Now it seems like it's a mob rule free for all and everyone just joins in to the anarchy. 

And it's not just one group of people anymore, it's kids of all races that have been indoctrinated into the mentality of "fuck everyone else I can do whatever I want with no consequences" and honestly I want to see every one of them arrested and put into jail for a couple weeks or months. Maybe there's a better solution but I don't know what else we can do to stop this crap beyond a zero tolerance policy. 

Are all these kids just going to grow up to be complete asshole losers that are a detriment to society?